Completed in 2008, Summers-Taylor Stadium is a perfect example of how public/private cooperatives can help build our program and make our new athletic facilities a reality. New facilities provide the greatest potential to transform ETSU for years to come and strengthen our continued ascent in intercollegiate athletics.
Summers-Taylor Stadium features one of the finest natural playing surfaces in the southeast. The stadium boasts seating for 1,000 with additional seating available on the open berm area on the east end of the stadium. Fans have flocked to the new venue, and tailgating is a premier draw in parking lots to the north and south of the facility overlooking the field.
Phase I - COMPLETE
- Stadium field-natural grass pitch of NCAA dimensions
- Practice field-natural grass pitch of NCAA dimensions
- Seating for over 1000, including bench, chairback, and berm seating
- Entry gate building with restrooms and concessions
- Ornamental fencing and gate
Phase II - COMPLETE
- Scoreboard with game information, LED video message center, and lighted sponsorship signage
- Pressbox with state-of-the-art electronics and handicap accessible restroom
- Public address system
- Stadium lighting
- Second practice field - natural grass pitch of NCAA dimensions
- Plaza and archway entrance on berm side
- Team facilities to be shared with the soccer and track programs-locker rooms, team meeting/lounge areas, coaches offices, conference rooms, and additional storage.
||"There is a surreal feeling that you get when you walk into the stadium. It's a combination of the first-rate facility as well as the birth of a new Men's Soccer program. Everything from the brick façade and architecture to the premier Bermuda grass tells you that you are part of the creation of a tradition of excellence and of the excitement to come." Scott Calabrese, Men's Soccer Head Coach