The East Tennessee State University Student-Athlete Academic Support Services office contacts faculty members who work with student athletes by sending out academic progress report forms via GradesFirst throughout the semester. These forms include questions about a student athlete’s attendance, completion of assignments, and current grade status. The progress reports allow the academic staff, the professor, coaches, and the student-athletes to make the necessary adjustments to ensure the student-athletes’ success in their academic endeavors.
Spring 2014 ETSU Athletics Academic Stat Sheet
- Overall cumulative student-athlete GPA of 3.19 (non-athletes at ETSU – Fall 2013 GPA = 3.03)
- 193/286 (67%) Student-Athletes earned Buccaneer Honor Roll (3.0+ GPA)
- 92/286 (32%) Student-Athletes earned Dean’s List (minimum 3.7 GPA)
- 188/271 (69%) Student-Athletes earned Atlantic Sun All-Academic Honors
- 34 Student-Athletes in 4.0 Club
- 11/14 ETSU athletic programs earned team GPAs of 3.0 or higher