JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 2, 2013) – The ETSU baseball fall season is in full swing and below are some of the top performances from this past weekend’s Blue-White scrimmages.
- Senior outfielder Dylan Tritsch (Boca Raton, Fla.) went 4 for 9 with a double, run scored, one RBI and a stolen base over the weekend. For the fall, Tritsch is hitting .478 (11-23) with two doubles, a triple, one home run, four runs scored and five RBI.
- Freshman local product Chris Cook (Kingsport, Tenn.) – who is hitting .389 (7-18) with one double, one triple, three RBI and five runs scored – had a pair of hits over the weekend. The two-way player had a two-run scoring triple and scored a run.
- Senior infielder Tyler Roach (Knoxville, Tenn.) had a pair of doubles and two runs scored over the weekend. In six Blue-White scrimmages, Roach is hitting .389 (7-18) with three doubles, three RBI and four runs scored.
- Over the weekend, freshman outfielder Brandon Moss (Atlanta) registered a pair of hits (one double), scored two runs and drove in a pair of.
- Once again, Clinton Freeman (Jonesborough, Tenn.) continued his stellar efforts on the hill as he tossed three scoreless innings this past weekend. After allowing a hit to the first batter he faced this fall, Freeman has been perfect since. Freeman has 11 strikeouts in eight innings of action.
- Fellow senior Will Chesney (Knoxville, Tenn.) extended his consecutive scoreless innings streak to five after tossing three scoreless frames over the weekend. The right-hander allowed one hit and struck out two.
- Sophomore Josh Jacques (Rollinsford, N.H.) posted three scoreless innings with one strikeout on Friday afternoon.
The Bucs will hold two more Blue-White scrimmages this weekend, as Friday’s game is set for 4 p.m. and Saturday’s first pitch is slated for 1 p.m., at Thomas Stadium. The scrimmages are FREE and open to the public.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer baseball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the baseball page.