ETSU Tailgating Guidelines
East Tennessee State University welcomes alumni, students, fans and friends to participate in tailgating activities. Individuals, groups, and organizations hosting or participating in tailgating are responsible for their own conduct and that of their guests, are expected to respect the rights of others, and should refrain from behavior that infringes upon other’s enjoyment of the Buccaneer game day experience. Students are expected to adhere to the ETSU Student Code of Conduct.
- Tailgating is permitted on game days in areas designated by the Dept. of Athletics and at other ETSU events as designated by the Office of the President or designee. Unless otherwise designated, set up may begin four and a half hours before and must be cleared after the game/event.
- Be aware when driving through lots. Bikes, motorcycles, skateboard, and scooters are not to be in use in tailgating lots.
- Glass bottles are prohibited. All beverages must be in plastic/non-breakable cups. Large containers or common drink dispensers or any device/activity to increase the consumption of beverages are prohibited.
- Portable radio/stereo units allowed. Volume and language should be appropriate for all ages. Platforms, stages or enclosed tents are not permitted and no staking or tent pegs in paved areas.
- No open flames, fires built on the ground, or open fire pit devices. Charcoal and propane grills are permissible. Hot coals should be extinguished with water. Propane tanks capped at 20 pounds. Fire safety equipment should be available if grill is in use. Properly ventilated gas generators (max. 1500 watts) allowed.
- No food/drink sales, solicitation or advertising without ETSU permit. No food/drink may be brought into stadium.
- Disposal of all trash required. Items remaining may be discarded and vehicles towed at owner’s expense.
- No stadium/game re-entry after kickoff. ETSU student ID required for access to student parking. Guests should be in possession of a photo ID at all times.
- In adherence with TBR/University policy, ETSU is Tobacco-Free with all tobacco usage permitted only inside private vehicles and no alcoholic beverages of any kind are permitted.
Kermit Tipton Stadium Rules
ETSU reserves the right to eject any patron for unlawful or unruly behavior. Items such as outside food and drink, alcohol and tobacco products, weapons of any kind, or signs containing foul/abusive language are not permitted. Per NCAA rules, no noise makers of any kind are permitted. Backpacks prohibited other bags subject to search and seizure. No pets or animals of any kind are allowed, with the exception of documented service animals.