Bucs announce stadium press conference planned for Wednesday; add 11th game to schedule against Montana State on Oct. 24
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (March 16, 2015) – ETSU head football coach Carl Torbush and his entire coaching staff hosted a Spring Football Media Luncheon on Monday at East Coast Wings Bar and Grill.
The luncheon was an opportunity for area media to learn more about the program prior to the start of spring practice, which will begin on Tuesday, March 17.
“There is a lot going on in our program right now,” Torbush said. “This was an opportunity to talk about all of those important dates, and to start looking toward that first kickoff this fall against Kennesaw State.”
The items announced on Monday included:
- The Bucs will play the Mountain States Health Alliance Blue-Gold Spring Game on April 11 at 2 p.m. inside Kermit Tipton Stadium in Johnson City. The game will be free of charge to the general public.
- The team will host a Football Alumni Weekend on April 10 and 11, leading into Saturday’s Mountain States Health Alliance Blue-Gold Spring Game. A special golf outing and dinner at the Johnson City Country Club will get the weekend started on April 10, with the golf beginning at 1 p.m. and the dinner at 6:30. For more information, call 423-439-8399.
- On Tuesday, April 7th, the Bucs will host a special First Responders Day at 4 p.m. on the ETSU practice fields. The event is open to all first responders throughout the area.
- The Bucs will host a special Carl Torbush Football Coaching Clinic sponsored by Appalachian Orthopaedic Associates on Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28. Details on that clinic will be released in the coming days.
- On Thursday, April 2, the Bucs have a scrimmage scheduled to be played at Unicoi County High School at 6:30 p.m.
- ETSU will add an 11th game to its 2015 schedule, as the Bucs will travel to face Montana State on Oct. 24th. Kickoff time for that game is still to be determined.
- The Bucs will host a special press conference on Wednesday, March 18th at 3:30 p.m. in the parking lot located between the ETSU Physical Plant Building and the Basler Center for Physical Activity. This event will officially kick off the Football Stadium Campaign as the program prepares for on-campus football in the fall of 2017.