JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 17, 2016) – ETSU football head coach Carl Torbush and his staff released information Wednesday regarding an upcoming tryout for possible walk-on players.
On Monday, Aug. 22 at 5 p.m., the ETSU coaching staff will hold a meeting for all students who are interested in trying out for the team. The initial meeting will take place in the Culp Forum.
The Aug. 22 meeting will inform students of the requirements which MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR to being allowed to participate in the on-field tryout. Some of those requirements include filling out and returning a medical information packet, which can be found here, as well as providing proof of passing a physical within one-year of the tryout date.
Below is a list of non-medical requirements that must be done PRIOR to the tryout.
1) Bring two letters of recommendation from their high school head coach and/or high school guidance counselor/core course teacher
2) Bring a highlight video or provide an online link to highlights
3) Be a full-time ETSU student (12 or more credit hours)
4) Must have averaged a minimum of 12 hours per semester for each college semester in school
5) Must have a grade-point-average of 2.75 or higher (please bring unofficial transcript for college courses if applicable)
For additional information regarding this meeting or for those who have conflicts with this date, please e-mail email@example.com. All documentation, videos and letters of recommendation can be dropped off at the ETSU football offices, which are located in room W273 inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center, or email to the address above.
For more information on Buccaneer football, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link.