JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (August 20, 2016) – The ETSU football team held its second scrimmage of fall camp inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center on Saturday morning
Below are some key stats from Saturday’s scrimmage:
- Redshirt freshman Dylan Wieger (Kingsport, Tenn.) led the offense down the field going 13-for-20 for 145 yards and one touchdown
- Sophomore Nick Sexton (Seymour, Tenn.) was 12-for-14 for 91 yards along with five rushes for 21 yards and a rushing touchdown.
- Sophomore Austin Herink (Cleveland, Tenn.) went 6-of-9 for 47 yards
- The Buccaneer quarterbacks combined went 31-for-43 with 283 yards and one touchdown
- The Bucs combined for 74 yards on the ground with three touchdowns
- Sophomore running back Matt Thompson (Morristown, Tenn.) led the Bucs with 10 rushes for 26 yards and a touchdown
- Junior Falon Lee (Macclenny, Fla.) rushed for 20 yards on six carries.
- Nick Sexton, Matt Thompson and Dontavius Monroe had the three rushing touchdowns for ETSU.
- Sophomore Kobe Kelley (Knoxville, Tenn.) and freshman Braxton Richburg (Hoschton, Ga.) led the receiving core with four catches each. Kelley recorded 15 yards while Richburgh compiled 13 yards.
- Redshirt freshman running back Artevius Smith (Birmingham, Ala.) had the only receiving touchdown on the day.
- Redshirt freshman Anthony Spagnoletti (Bealeton, Va.) led the Bucs with 65 yards receiving on two catches.
- Junior Daren Ardis (Bradenton, Fla.) had four tackles along with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on the same play.
- Sophomore Kahlil Mitchell (South Pittsburgh, Tenn.) led the defense with six tackles and recorded one sack.
- Sophomore Dylan Weigel (Pickerington, Ohio) and redshirt freshman Kevin Ferguson (Cincinnati, Ohio) each had five tackles.
- Senior Ryan Powers (Jupiter, Fla.), freshman Colton Lakes (Loveland, Ohio) and sophomore Trey Quillin (New Albany, Ohio) each had four tackles.
- As a team the Bucs recorded six sacks with 34 different players recording a tackle
- Sophomore JJ Jerman (Seymour, Tenn.) made a 50-yard field goal
- Redshirt freshman Landon Kunak (Spartanburg, S.C.) connected on a 55-yard field goal
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!