JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 13, 2016) – In preparation for Saturday’s Food City Bucs at Bristol matchup between ETSU and Western Carolina at Bristol Motor Speedway, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is providing game day information to help fans enjoy this special event as Buccaneer football makes its historic return to the Southern Conference.
Here are the “five things to know” leading into Saturday’s kickoff.
- Important times – While game time is set for 1:30 p.m., the BMS property will be open and available to tailgaters beginning at 8 a.m. In addition, gates will open at BMS at 11:30 a.m., which is also the same time that the traditional “Buc Walk” will take place near the main gates at the speedway (marked by the E on the map below).
- Parking – Fans will have multiple options for parking at BMS. The map provided below shows various parking lots and their corresponding price levels. Also, students are reminded that they can access free parking in the designated “pink” lot by displaying a valid student ID and ticket to the game. The “pink” lot is accessible by entering at the Bristol Dragway entrance off Highway 394.
- Tickets – Fans can still purchase tickets by calling 423-BRISTOL or by clicking here. Fans are reminded that there will be no re-entry option for fans once inside BMS on game day.
- Prohibited items – The list of prohibited items is different from the list used for normal home games at Kermit Tipton Stadium. The list of prohibited items is provided on the map below.
- Follow the map – The map below is perfect for helping fans navigate the facility at BMS.
For more on ETSU football and the Food City Bucs at Bristol game, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link. Fans are also encouraged to download the ETSU Game Time App on Apple and Android devices.
Click map for larger version