JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (July 14, 2017) – In just 50 days, the ETSU football team will officially open its new, on-campus stadium. The Buccaneers welcome Limestone College for a 7 p.m. kickoff on Saturday, Sept. 2, and the game will be a celebration for the entire ETSU campus, the region and alums around the country.
As this special date moves closer, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is highlighting this 50-day milestone by releasing a special list of five “things to know” for the upcoming season.
- New Gold Jerseys – The Buccaneers have added a new gold jersey to its uniform options this year, and the Bucs will be wearing this new look on opening night against Limestone.
- Gold Out – With the Bucs wearing their new gold jerseys, fans attending the game are also being asked to wear gold for this opening game.
- Sold Out Club Seats – Seasons tickets for the 2017 season have been selling fast, and in fact, the club level section on the west side of the stadium is now sold out, along with the skyboxes. Fans that have not yet purchased their season tickets are encouraged to do so by calling 423-439-ETSU (3878) or by visiting ETSUBucs.com and clicking on the ticket link.
- Seat Selection Process – Season ticket holders who have made their purchase will be receiving an e-mail soon regarding the seat selection process, which will include the date and time for their opportunity to come to the stadium and select their seats.
- Stadium Tours and 1911 Legacy Wall – Fans interested in seeing the stadium and getting a better idea of sightlines in particular sections of the building still have a chance to take special stadium tours scheduled for the following days and times:
Thursday, July 20, Noon and 5 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 10, Noon and 5 p.m.
In addition, fans are encouraged to make their donation to the 1911 Legacy as soon as possible to ensure their inclusion on the 1911 Legacy Wall, which will be located on the north end of the new stadium. To learn more about the 1911 Legacy, visit www.givebucs.com.
For more on ETSU football throughout the 2017 season, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link.