JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 21, 2017) – As the ETSU football team prepares to host Southern Conference opponent Mercer Saturday inside William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics would like to pass along the following list of “things to know” prior to the kickoff at 3:30 p.m. The game sponsor is Just Jump Trampoline Park.
- U.S. Army Golden Knights to perform: The Golden Knights are the United States Army's official aerial parachute demonstration team, and they will perform just prior to Saturday’s game. Fans are asked to be in their seats by 3:10 to see the Golden Knights begin their performance. Athletics would like to say a special thank you to ETSU ROTC Lt. Col. Shawn Dodge for making this performance possible.
- Family weekend set for later this week: Family weekend will coincide with the Bucs home football game with Mercer this weekend. This special promotion is a way for parents and family members to connect with their student and celebrate all that makes East Tennessee State University a special place. Three days of events designed to connect the family to the ETSU community, Johnson City, and their student’s ETSU experience. Family members can register for all events or just a few HERE.
- Mobility Assistance Shuttle Service – The ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will continue to provide the “Mobility Assistance Shuttle Service” for all home football games at the new William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium. Centrally located at the Alumni Pavilion area on the west side of the ETSU parking garage and convenient to Lots 21 and 22, the Mobility Assistance Shuttle Service will consist of golf carts that will provide rides to the stadium for disabled fans and those with mobility issues. The carts will begin service one hour prior to kickoff and take fans from the Alumni Pavilion to the Bank of Tennessee East Entrance roundabout. The carts will also provide service from the roundabout back to the Alumni Pavilion area at the conclusion of the game. Signs designating the pickup area prior to games will be visible on game days. The ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics asks that only fans in physical need of this service utilize the shuttles.
- Men’s golf and men’s tennis recognitions – Both the men’s golf and men’s tennis teams will be recognized during Saturday’s game for their championship seasons back in the spring of this year.
- Buc Walk – The traditional Buc Walk will take place two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff, so Saturday’s walk will begin at 1:15 p.m.
- Tailgating – Parking lots around William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium will open for tailgating at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning. Fans are reminded that the family-friendly Food City Zone will open at 12:30 p.m.
- Public Parking – Parking for the general public will be available in the parking garage and in Lot 22 (located behind Bojangles on Go Bucs Trail). Parking is $10 per car. Click here for parking map. Students are reminded they can still access normal student parking by displaying their parking pass and ID.