JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 27, 2017) – As the ETSU football team returns home to host Wofford for its fifth game of the year inside William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium this Saturday, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics would like to pass along the following list of “things to know” prior to the kickoff at 1 p.m. The game sponsor for Saturday’s game is Ford.
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Game – ETSU faculty and staff can take advantage of half-priced tickets to Saturday’s game. The special pricing is part of Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, and tickets can be purchased by visiting the ETSU Athletic ticket office in the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center, coming to the Bank of Tennessee East Gate at Greene Stadium on game day, or by calling 423-439-ETSU (3878).
- Student Tickets Still Available – Students are reminded that they can continue to order their free ticket to Saturday’s game with Wofford on-line at ETSUBucs.com or can pick up their ticket at the Bank of Tennessee East Gate on Saturday.
- Ford Super Screen – After making its debut during the inaugural game at Greene Stadium back on Sept. 2, the “Ford Super Screen” will return to Lot 21 this Saturday. Beginning with coverage of ESPN’s College Game Day, the LED screen will broadcast nationally-televised games from around the country throughout the day.
- 1987 Football Reunion – Members of the 1987 team will be invited back to celebrate the 30-year anniversary of the team’s upset win over Atlantic Coast Conference foe N.C. State. … Back on Nov. 7, 1987, the Bucs ruined the Wolfpack’s Homecoming weekend by winning that game 29-14. … Making the day more special is that the Bucs’ head coach that day, Mike Ayers, is the head coach at Wofford and will be on hand to share in the celebration with his former players.
- Pink Game – The Bucs will wear pink accents on their uniforms this Saturday to show their support for the fight against breast cancer and recognize Susan G. Komen of East Tennessee, which works to battle the disease.
- No umbrellas – With rain in the forecast, fans are reminded that umbrellas are not allowed inside Greene Stadium. Ponchos are recommended.
- Tailgating – Parking lots around William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium will open for tailgating at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Buc Walk – The traditional Buc Walk will take place two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff, so Saturday’s walk will begin at 10:45 p.m.
- Clear Bag Policy – The new stadium has a clear bag policy, which can be viewed in more detail by clicking here. Clear bags will also be available for purchase at the game.