JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Jan. 23, 2017) – It’s time for ETSU fans to “Gold Out” Freedom Hall this Saturday, as the ETSU men’s basketball team hosts arch rival Chattanooga at 4 p.m. in a highly-anticipated showdown of Southern Conference title contenders.
With this in mind, here are some critical “things to know” leading into the game.
- The ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is encouraging ETSU fans to wear gold for this important game between the Buccaneers and Mocs, as the Bucs look to not only #FillFreedom but also #GoldOut the game.
- With a large crowd expected, the gates at Freedom Hall will open 30 minutes earlier than normal, allowing fans to enter as early as 2:30 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
- The first 2,000 ETSU students to arrive on Saturday will receive a special gold ETSU headband sponsored by Coca-Cola.
- Fans will also find special game rosters in their seats at Freedom Hall, and are asked to watch the video board and talk with ETSU staff about how those rosters will help create a unique atmosphere in Freedom Hall on Saturday.
- Tickets are going fast for this traditional rivalry matchup, but fans can still secure seats by visiting ETSUBucs.com and clicking on the ticket link, or by calling 423-439-3878 (ETSU).