JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 2, 2018) – With its men’s basketball team on a special 14-game winning streak and leading the Southern Conference with a perfect 11-0 record, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is providing the following “things to know” as anticipation of a sellout crowd grows and fans plan their trips to Freedom Hall on Saturday as arch rival Chattanooga visits at 4 p.m.
- This game is a “Gold Out” and limited tickets are available – Following tradition, the Chattanooga game will once again be a special “Gold Out” game, as fans are ask to wear their favorite gold ETSU gear. Gold t-shirts will be given out to the first 200 fans through the gate. Tickets are still available and fans are encouraged to purchase on-line and use the print at home feature to make expedite entry.
- Gates Opening at 2:30 – With a sellout crowd expected, gates at Freedom Hall will open 30 minutes earlier than normal at 2:30 p.m. Fans are asked to make plans to arrive early to facilitate parking, as well as entry through security checks outside Freedom Hall.
- 50-year Anniversary of 1967-68 “Sweet 16” Team – Members of the 1967-68 ETSU men’s basketball team will be in attendance on Saturday to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of their landmark season. The first ETSU team to advance to the NCAA Tournament, the squad ultimately became the only Bucs’ team to ever reach the Sweet 16 with a win over Florida State. The team will be recognized at the under 16 media timeout of the first half.
- SoCon Tournament Tickets – Tickets for the SoCon Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments are on sale now. To purchase your tickets, please click here.
- Clear Bag Policy – Fans are reminded that a new Clear Bag Policy is in place for both men’s and women’s basketball games at Freedom Hall and Brooks Gym this year, and extra security measures will be in place at the gates. Fans are asked to arrive early to avoid long lines. The Clear Bag Policy went into full effect on Dec. 1. Click here for more information.