|2010-11 Men's Golf Coaches|
|PHONE: (423) 444-1049||EMAIL: email@example.com|
Maxon begins his first season as assistant coach of the ETSU men’s golf team. He comes to Johnson City from the Charlotte, N.C. area, where he worked as a Teaching Instructor at Springfield Golf Club in Fort Mill, S.C. Before becoming an instructor, Maxon played professionally on the Nationwide Tour for many years, while also qualifying for two U.S. Opens. He participated in the 2004 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills and the 2001 U.S. Open at Southern Hills.
Maxon graduated from Clemson University with a degree in management, where he was a standout on the Tigers’ golf team. He was a two-time all-american (1996, 1998) and was twice selected as First-Team All-ACC (1996, 1998). Maxon was a starter on three Clemson top-15 teams, including the 1997 team that finished third and the 1998 team that finished second in the nation. In addition, Maxon helped lead the Tigers to two ACC Championships (1997, 1998). He finished his career with a 73.89 stroke average, including a career best 72.26 average as a senior in 1998.
Teaching Professional (2009-10)
• Springfield Golf Club – Fort Mill, S.C.
• Participant in 2004 U.S. Open – Shinnecock Hills
• Participant in 2001 U.S. Open – Southern Hills
• Member of the Nationwide Tour
College: Clemson (1994-98)
• Honorable Mention All-American 1996 and 1998
• First-team All-ACC 1996 and 1998
• Starter on three Clemson top 15 teams, including 1997 team that finished third and 1998 team that finished second in the nation
• Starter on two ACC Championship teams, 1997 and 1998
• Finished in top 20 at four consecutive NCAA Regionals, 15th as a freshman in 1995, 18th as a sophomore in 1996, 8th as a junior in 1997 and fifth as a senior in 1998
• Finished 9th at NCAA Championship in Albuquerque in 1998, helping Tigers to second place team finish.
• Shared the 1996 Wofford Invitational title as a sophomore with former ETSU standout Garrett Willis.
• Finished career with 73.89 career stroke average, among the top 20 in Clemson history. That included career best 72.26 average as a senior in 1998
|Copyright ©2015 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|