With conference play winding down, Bucs visit Northern Kentucky in pursuit of fifth league win
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. (Oct. 22, 2013) - The ETSU men's soccer team will look to extend its program-best six-match road unbeaten streak when it takes on Northern Kentucky Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. inside NKU Stadium. The Buccaneers will enter the match with sole possession of second place in the Atlantic Sun standings.
GETTING UP TO SPEED
- ETSU picked up its second consecutive victory Saturday, Oct. 19, beating Jacksonville, 2-1, on the road.
- With the win, the Bucs (6-4-3, 4-1-0) broke their second-place tie with Lipscomb, taking sole possession of the second spot in the league standings.
- Kristoffer Ibsen (Aalborg, Denmark) and Anthony Wojas (Auxerre, France) were the goal scorers for ETSU, with Donte Brangman (Southampton, Bermuda) assisting Wojas' score.
- Senior goalkeeper Ryan Coulter (Dublin, Ireland) was 20 minutes away from earning his 24th career clean sheet, which would give him the A-Sun record for most career shutouts.
- ETSU ranks among the nation's Top 50 for shutout percentage (0.62), goals against average (0.79), and save percentage (0.807). The Bucs lead the A-Sun in all three categories.
NORTHERN KENTUCKY - Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. - LIVE STATS - VIDEO
- The Norse (5-3-6, 2-1-1) will enter Wednesday night's match coming off a scoreless draw with IUPUI Monday, Oct. 21. The decision set an Atlantic Sun record for most draws in a season with six.
- Northern Kentucky sits in third place in the A-Sun standings, ranking second in the conference for goals against average (1.09) and third for goals per game (1.14).
- The Norse are paced by junior forward Caleb Eastham's four goals along with senior midfielder Brendan Murphy's one goal and three assists.
- ETSU won its only meeting with Northern Kentucky, beating the Norse, 3-0, last season in Johnson City.
- Wednesday's match will be the only conference match of the day.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Men’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUMSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!