ETSU welcomes Wildcats to Summers-Taylor Stadium
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 4, 2013) - The ETSU men’s soccer team will host Conference-USA opponent Kentucky at Summers-Taylor Stadium Thursday, Sept. 5 at 7:00 p.m. The match will be the Buccaneers’ first home contest of the 2013 season.
The Wildcats (1-0-0), who made a trip to the NCAA Tournament last season, will offer one of the toughest tests of ETSU’s non-conference schedule. Following a season-opening win over Georgia State, Kentucky received votes in this week’s National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Top 25 Poll.
Fans in attendance for the game will have the opportunity to receive free giveaways from Chick-fil-A of Johnson City.
Tickets for the event will be first-come-first-served starting at $5.00 each and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling the ETSU Athletics ticket office at (423) 439-3878. ETSU students will receive free admission.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Buccaneers (0-1-0) opened the season Friday, Aug. 30 in Columbia, S.C. with a narrow 1-0 loss to the South Carolina Gamecocks.
- The match was the first of several tough non-conference tests for ETSU. The Bucs will play several teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament last season, including Kentucky, UAB, and Winthrop.
- The Wildcats return several of its top players from a 2012 campaign that saw the team win 10 games and clinch an NCAA Tournament berth for the first time since 2003.
- Senior Tyler Riggs, one of the returning starters, has led Kentucky in scoring the past three seasons.
- Head coach Johan Cedergren is entering his second season at the helm for Kentucky.
- Live stats for the game will be provided through ETSU and can be accessed by clicking here.
- The contest will also be televised on A-Sun TV.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
- Follow the Bucs on Twitter @ETSUMSoccer for in-game updates, behind-the-scenes access, and much more!