ETSU looks to continue home-field success
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 8, 2013) – For the second time in as many matches, ETSU will host a team that advanced to the 2012 NCAA Tournament when they welcome the Winthrop Eagles to Summers-Taylor Stadium Monday, Sept. 9 at 7:00 p.m. The Buccaneers are looking to extend a home unbeaten streak that dates back to last September.
LAST TIME OUT
- Freshman Thibault Civalier (Nice, France) recorded his first collegiate goal en route to ETSU’s 1-0 home victory over Kentucky Thurs., Sept. 5.
- The Bucs (1-1-0) held Kentucky to just two shots on goal during the match.
- Senior goalkeeper Ryan Coulter (Dublin, Ireland) recorded his program-best 16th career shutout, making two saves on five Kentucky shot attempts.
- ETSU extended its home unbeaten streak to five matches.
- The Bucs haven’t suffered a loss at Summers-Taylor Stadium since falling to Mercer 2-1 on Sept, 30, 2012.
- ETSU has a record of 9-2-3 in its past 14 home matches.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Winthrop returns 15 letter-winners and seven starters from last season’s squad that advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- The Eagles (2-0-0) have allowed just two goals this season, beating both Wofford and Georgia State by scores of 2-1.
- Senior Adriano Negri netted two goals in Winthrop’s win over Georgia State, earning College Sports Madness Big South Conference Player of the Week honors.
- Junior goalkeeper Guilherme Avelar has recorded 11 saves on 26 shots faced and had a shutout spoiled with 27 seconds remaining versus Georgia State.
- Learn more about Winthrop by checking out the team’s quick facts and cumulative stats.
- The all-time series is tied at 1-1-0, with ETSU notching a win in 2010 and Winthrop picking up a 3-2 win last season.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Men’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUMSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!