ETSU looks to shake off historic loss
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 25, 2013) – Nearly a week removed from the program’s worst loss since 2010, the ETSU men’s soccer team is looking to get back on track as it hosts regional rival Appalachian State Thursday, Sept. 26 at 7:00 p.m. Prior to falling to Furman, 5-0, Sept. 20, the Bucs had extended their unbeaten streak at Summers-Taylor Stadium to six matches.
LAST TIME OUT
- ETSU suffered its first home loss since Sept. 30, 2012 as the Bucs fell to Furman, 5-0.
- The Bucs (2-2-2) were outshot 14-11 by the regionally-ranked Paladins (5-1-1).
- ETSU dropped from fourth in the nation for goals against average (0.18) to 56th (0.93).
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS
- The Mountaineers (1-1-5) have been beaten just once this season, but have played to five draws, the most of any Division I team.
- Appalachian State is paced by Trey Hemphill (three goals, one assist) and Stanley Broaden (two goals, two assists).
- ETSU head coach Scott Calabrese will be on 640 WXSM Thursday, Sept. 26 at 8:45 a.m. Listen here.
- Live stats provided by ETSU can be found here.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Men’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUMSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!