Wide range of activities, games, matches and scrimmages planned beginning with Bluenanza on Monday night
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 27, 2014) – From tailgating to celebrity performances to traditional athletic events, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will be providing a wide variety of activities for students, faculty, staff and supporters of Buccaneer athletics throughout this special Homecoming week.
While a schedule of the week’s events can be found below, people are specifically encouraged to take part in the tailgating that will be made available beginning at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning in the parking lot adjacent to Warf-Pickel Hall and the new parking garage – the same lot that was utilized for the Game Time 101 event last month.
Along with tailgating, the campus’ traditional “Luncheon under the Tent” will also be taking place in the parking lot at the same time. For more on the schedule of events, please see below:
- Monday, Oct. 27 – The Bluenanza basketball celebration on the Brooks Gym Quad will begin with a parade at 6 p.m., followed by free food for students at 6:30, and the team introductions/contests at 7 p.m. Fireworks will conclude the evening, and the event is free to the public.
- Tuesday, Oct. 28 – ETSU men’s soccer hosts UNC Greensboro at 7 p.m. inside Summers-Taylor Stadium.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29 – Holding Court with celebrity host Roy Firestone in Brown Hall Auditorium. For tickets call 423-439-8398.
- Thursday, Oct. 30 – ETSU men’s basketball will host its Blue-Gold Scrimmage Game inside Freedom Hall beginning at 7 p.m. This event is free to the public.
- Saturday, Nov. 1 – Multiple events include:
- Noon – ETSU women’s basketball hosts Milligan College for an exhibition game inside Brooks Gym.
- 3 p.m. – Blue-Gold Football Scrimmage on the CPA practice fields
- 5:30 p.m. – ETSU women’s soccer hosts UNC Greensboro in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Tournament at Summers-Taylor Stadium.
- 7 p.m. – ETSU volleyball hosts Chattanooga inside Brooks Gym
For more on this week’s events, visit ETSUBucs.com.