JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (March 23, 2015) - Throughout the season, members of the ETSU men’s and women's tennis teams will be featured in a ‘‘Getting to Know’’ segment on ETSUBucs.com.
The next student-athlete to be profiled is Sebastian Yllera (Cinco Saltos, Argentina).
After joining ETSU for the 2013-14 season, Yllera posted a 12-7 spring singles record (6-0 A-Sun), and an 11-2 doubles record en route to helping the Bucs to the program's eighth consecutive conference tournament title and NCAA Tournament appearance. He was named to the 2014 Atlantic Sun Second Team for both singles and doubles, and was also named A-Sun Player of the Week April 17, 2014. This fall, Yllera won a share of the consolation singles title at the ITA Ohio Valley Regionals and teamed with Conner Huertas to win the Division II Doubles title at the Southern Intercollegiates Championships.
Yllera's teammates came up with the questions. Below are Yllera's responses:
1. What are your plans after graduation?
Don’t know yet. I am living in the present, planning on get my degree in Management and Marketing. Afterwards I will see if I try to play tennis or work either in the States or back in Argentina.
2. Why did you start playing tennis?
My dad is a tennis coach and since I was a little kid I would be on a court with him.
3. Who is your favorite athlete?
FC Barcelona and Argentine soccer player Lionel Messi
4. What is something that not many people know about you?
I played for UT my freshman year before transferring here.
5. Who is the best dancer on the team?
6. What is a bad habit you have?
Because of my personality, I overthink everything, which is fine sometimes, but there are occasions where I take a lot of time making decisions and I do not like that.
7. What is your favorite quote?
‘’Train Insane or remain the same’’
8. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
Leaving my country, family and friends to come to a new country. Having to meet new people and adjust to a new culture.
9. If you were not playing tennis what do you think you would be doing?
I would be studying back home like all my friends are doing. Having fun with them because I would have them pretty close. I would play soccer with my friends sometimes as a hobby and I would probably start doing some workout like CrossFit.
10. If you were not afraid of doing something, what would you do?
I would go to a desert Island for a week or month with someone that I want.
11. What is your favorite thing to do off the court?
Hang out with family and friends
12. Who do you look up to most in life?
13. What country do you most want to visit?
14. If you could have dinner with somebody dead or alive who would it be and why?
With my family because I miss them
15. If you could have one thing in the world what would it be?
16. If you were an animal, what would you be?
17. Which is your favorite non-ETSU tennis memory?
I think one of the coolest experiences was seeing David Nalbandian playing Davis Cup back home.
FOLLOW THE BUCS