JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (March 31, 2015) - Throughout the season, members of the ETSU men’s tennis team will be featured in a ‘‘Getting to Know’’ segment on ETSUBucs.com.
The next student-athlete to be profiled is David Biosca (Sant Fruitos de Bage, Spain).
As a freshman, Biosca went a combined 11-1 in Atlantic Sun singles and doubles competition, helping the Bucs to the program's eighth-consecutive conference tournament title and NCAA Tournament appearance. Following his stellar conference campaign, Biosca earned a spot on the 2014 Atlantic Sun First Team for singles and Second Team for doubles, while also earning A-Sun All-Freshman Team honors. During the fall of 2013, Biosca made a run to the quarterfinals of the USTA/ITA Ohio Valley Regionals. Following his noteworthy freshman season, Biosca broke into the ITA Singles Rankings to start the 2014-15 campaign.
Biosca's teammates came up with the questions. Below are Biosca's responses:
1. What are your plans after graduation?
Probably go back to Spain.
2. Why did you start playing tennis?
My dad liked tennis a lot, and I used to watch tennis matches on T.V. a lot and I told my parents I wanted to play, and so I did.
3. Who is your favorite athlete?
4. What is something that not many people know about you?
I am addicted to T.V. shows and YouTube videos.
5. Who is the best dancer on the team?
Chebi (Sebastian Yllera)
6. What is a bad habit you have?
I am a little bit moody.
7. What is your favorite quote?
Every point is a match point
8. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
I had to deal with a snake that came inside my house.
9. If you were not playing tennis what do you think you would be doing?
Playing soccer and studying in Spain.
10. If you were not afraid of doing something, what would you do?
Spend a night in the middle of the mountains with my friends.
11. What is your favorite thing to do off the court?
Play video games and watch T.V. shows and videos
12. Who do you look up to most in life?
My family in general and my girlfriend.
13. What country do you most want to visit?
14. If you could have dinner with somebody dead or alive who would it be and why?
Carles Puyol, because I think he is a really interesting person and he is one of my favorites athletes
15. If you could have one thing in the world what would it be?
16. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A dog, because I think dogs have a special contact with humans.
17. Which is your favorite non-ETSU tennis memory?
Under-18 Spain championship. I lost in the final, and I think it was a really nice experience.
FOLLOW THE BUCS