JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 9, 2011) - Seniors Jarrod Burton (Bastian, Va.) and Jasmine Ingram (Fredrick, Md.) of the ETSU's track & field teams picked up their second Atlantic Sun Conference weekly awards of the season, announced the league office Wednesday.
"We are very pleased that that these two seniors are continuing to get recognized by the conference for their achievements this indoor season," said assistant coach Eli Sunquist. "Jasmine set two lifetime bests this past weekend, and her 400m time this past weekend was a whole second faster than what she ran at this time last year. Her training is going very well, and she is looking great heading into conference. Jarrod was the top collegiate thrower in both events this past weekend, and should take both throws next weekend at home as well. Both athletes are extremely deserving of this recognition."
WOMEN'S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Jasmine Ingram, ETSU (Sprints - Sr. - Frederick, Md. - Criminal Justice)
• Fourth Career A-Sun Track Athlete of the Week award
• Claimed three top-three finishes at the Niswonger Invitational
• Placed second in 400m and had a time of 55.11, which ranks 53rd in the nation and first in A-Sun
• Raced to third in 200m running a time of 24.65 in the prelims; 4th in A-Sun and 160th nationally
• Wrapped up day by running on second-place 4x400m team (3:51.13)
MEN'S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Jarrod Burton, ETSU (Throws - Sr. - Bastian, Va. - Exercise Science)
• Fifth A-Sun Field Athlete of the Week award
• Won the weight throw at Niswonger Invitational with top toss of 61'11
• Also claimed third place in shot put with distance of 54'6.75
• Ranks first in A-Sun in shot put and second in weight throw
• Owns 43rd best performance in shot put and 56th best in weight throw nationally