ETSU track and field successful at Tennessee and WCU
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. / CULLOWHEE, N.C. (April 12, 2019) – Multiple ETSU track and field athletes set personal records in a strong split squad weekend at the 52nd Tennessee Relays and the Catamount Classic on Friday.
Tennessee Relays Highlights
- Senior Lamisha Simmons (Hollywood, Fla.) had a memorable outing in the women’s 100 meter hurdles, finishing 11th with a new personal best time of 13.75. That time ranks atop the Southern Conference leaderboard.
- Senior Kiana Davis (Ooltewah) set a new season high in the women’s 100 meter dash with a time of 11:81. Her time also ranks first in the conference and ranked 19th at Tennessee. Davis also placed 10th in the women’s 200.
- Five Buccaneers had personal best finishes in the 1500 meter run, led by the duo of sophomore Ben Varghese (Kingsport) and senior Wes Pectol (Greeneville) with a 14th and 15th place finish. Their times now rank second and third in the SoCon, respectively.
- Three female runners had PR’s in the 1500, including Lindsey Stallworth (Knoxville) with a time of 4:29.35 to finish 10th. Freshman Genevieve Schwarz (Oak Ridge) and sophomore Heather Feuchtenberger (Elizabethton) also set new personal bests to finish 19th and 24th place.
- Redshirt freshman Kashif Warren (Knoxville) timed out at 10.82 in the men’s 100 meter dash for a new personal record, as he now jumps up five spots to fifth on the conference performance list.
- The duo of Noah Charles (Johnson City) and Ben O’Connor (Statesville, N.C.) finished ninth and 12th in the men’s 5K, respectively, with O’Connor’s time of 15:15.13 representing a new personal best.
Catamount Classic Highlights
- The men’s and women’s 5000m runs were the only two events in Cullowhee on Friday, as the Blue and Gold had great representation for the women’s race with three top five finishers in a point-format event.
- Junior Mia Depillo (Fort Wayne, Ind.) led the trio in second place to rack up eight points for ETSU at 18:44.04. Sophomores Lindsay Bruce (Knoxville) and Addison Aguilar (Clovis, Calif.) finished fourth and fifth, respectively, to add nine more points for the Bucs.
Both meets continue Saturday with relay events and field events taking place in Knoxville. A large number of Bucs will compete in the Catamount Classic Saturday at Western Carolina.
For More Information
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.”
For more information on ETSU track and field, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the track and field pages. Also, follow the program on Twitter @ETSU_TF_XC and on Instagram at the handle @etsuxctf.