|ETSU||26:11||GENO, David (FUBARA, Itode , DOUMBE, Franck)|
|ETSU||30:07||GENO, David (WOODRUFF, Blaike )|
|ETSU||57:12||HODGES, Nate (GENO, David , PUGH, Colin)|
|Stats at a Glance||UNCG||ETSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||14 (8)||9 (5)|
Monday, August 27, 2012
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 27, 2012) – The ETSU men’s soccer team plays its home opener on Tuesday, as it welcomes UNC Greensboro to Summers-Taylor Stadium at 7 p.m.
ETSU (0-1-0) got its 2012 campaign underway last Friday in Boone, N.C., but fell to Appalachian State, 1-0, off a 13th-minute goal by David Dodge. The Buccaneers outshot the Mountaineers, 5-3, in the second half, and took four corners to Appalachian State’s one, but never found the equalizer.
UNC Greensboro (0-0-1) opened its season on Friday as well, playing to a, 2-2, draw against fellow state school UNC Wilmington. The Spartans got on the board first, scoring in the 23rd minute on a goal by Oddur Gudmundsson, but surrendered the game’s next two goals to Wilmington’s J. Van Compernolle and Jamie Dell. Greensboro equalized in the 53rd minute, closing out the scoring for either side the rest of the way.
In the all-time series, ETSU and UNCG are even at 1-1-0. Last year, Alesi Osorio (Austin, Texas) broke open a scoreless game against then-No. 24/20 Greensboro with 43 seconds remaining in double overtime to give the Bucs their first win over a ranked opponent in program history. UNCG’s win over ETSU came Sept. 12, 2008, defeating the Bucs, 3-1, in a tournament hosted by Elon.
Live stats for Tuesday night’s game will be available courtesy of StatBroadcast.com, with free live video provided by ASun.TV. New for the 2012-13 season, all games streamed on ASun.TV will be available free of charge.
The ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will also be holding a tailgate prior to the start of the game. Free food will be provided to fans courtesy of TK’s Big Dog out of Kingsport. The tailgate starts at 5:30 p.m., and is available to all fans until supplies last.
For more information on ETSU men’s soccer, please visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer links.
- ETSU is 2-1-1 in its four all-time home openers. The Bucs have won their last two home openers, defeating Presbyterian, 3-0, last year and Winthrop, 2-0, in 2010.
- Alesi Osorio’s last-minute goal in the Bucs’, 1-0, defeat of then-No. 24/20 UNCG last year gave ETSU its first win over a top-25 opponent in program history.
- The Bucs are currently 19-9-6 at home all-time, and will be looking for their 20th win on Tuesday.
- Tuesday’s meeting will be the first between the two teams at Summers-Taylor Stadium. ETSU faced UNCG in Greensboro, N.C. last year, and at a tournament in Elon, N.C. in 2008.
- David Geno (Kingsport, Tenn.) currently sits two assists behind former Buc, and current member of the Columbus Crew, Aaron Schoenfeld for most career assists.
|Copyright ©2015 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|