|Win: ORGAN (4-0)||6.2||7||3||3||1||5|
|Loss: KRIEG (2-2)||3.0||11||8||8||1||4|
|Win: DOANE (5-1)||9.0||11||5||4||0||4|
|Loss: ALLBRITTON (1-6)||6.1||11||7||5||2||5|
|Win: RENNER (4-0)||7.2||10||4||3||1||6|
|Loss: FREEMAN (4-1)||3.0||11||8||8||0||0|
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (March 27, 2013) – As the ETSU baseball team leaves behind the winter-like weather in Johnson City, the Bucs look to heat up in the Florida sun as the Blue and Gold begin a three-game Atlantic Sun series at North Florida Thursday night at Harmon Stadium.
GAME TIMES/PITCHING MATCHUPS
Thursday – 6:00 P.M. – Game No. 22
RHP Griffin Krieg (2-1, 3.73) vs. LHP Tommy Organ (3-0, 2.92)
Friday – 6:00 P.M. – Game No. 23
RHP Kerry Doane (4-1, 2.02) vs. TBA
Saturday – 1:00 P.M. – Game No. 24
TBA vs. LHP Michael Renner (3-0, 0.82)
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE BUCS
- Prior to rescheduling Tuesday’s game with Radford, the Bucs (13-8, 3-3 A-Sun) dropped two of three to then-No. 26 Florida Gulf Coast last weekend at Thomas Stadium. All three games were decided by one run, while ETSU had the winning or tying run on base in the ninth inning of both setbacks.
- Alex Reynolds (Johnson City, Tenn.) hit safely in all three games against the Eagles, as the senior infielder hit .444 (4-9) with three walks and two runs scored. Andrew Green (Powell, Tenn.) and Jordan Sanford (Powell, Tenn.) also hit .400 in the series. Green went 3-for-7 (.429) and had the game-winning hit in the opener of Saturday’s doubleheader, while Sanford also finished 3-for-7 with two doubles and two runs scored.
- Senior Kerry Doane (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) earned the win for the Blue and Gold as the right-handed hurler tossed his fourth complete game in his last five starts. Doane allowed two runs on six hits and struck out five in the 3-2 victory over FGCU.
ABOUT NORTH FLORIDA
- North Florida (18-9, 2-1 A-Sun) is coming off a heartbreaking 6-5, 14-inning loss to Bethune-Cookman on Tuesday night. Tuesday’s game marked the first of a 15-game homestand for the Ospreys.
- The Ospreys are the top hitting and third-best pitching team in the A-Sun. As a club, UNF is hitting .312 and has a 3.32 ERA. The Ospreys also lead the conference in hits (313) and triples (12).
- Senior Paul Karmeris is one of seven starters to be hitting over .300, as the catcher/infielder leads the team with a .376 average, which is tied for the sixth highest clip in the A-Sun. Meanwhile, senior Joe Wielbruda is close behind Karmeris, as the senior second baseman is hitting .368, while ranking 11th nationally in hits (39).
- Saturday’s starter Michael Renner’s 0.82 ERA places him 13th in the country and also tops all pitchers in the conference. Renner has allowed only three earned runs in 33.0 innings of work in 2013.
- ETSU holds a 12-10 lead in the all-time series and the Bucs swept UNF in their last trip to Jacksonville back in 2011.
- The Bucs are 6-3 against North Florida in Jacksonville.
- Clinton Freeman (Jonesborough, Tenn.) hit .417 (5-12) with a triple, home run, three runs scored and four RBI in last season’s series, while sophomore Chris Riopedre (Miami, Fla.) was 4-for-8 with four walks and two runs scored last year against the Ospreys.
- Live stats will be available for all three games this weekend via StatBroadcast by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Fans can access live stats on their computers, mobile devices or tablets.
- All three games this weekend will be broadcast live on WXSM-AM 640. Fans outside the Tri-Cities region can access WXSM online at http://www.640wxsm.com/ or you can listen to the games via your mobile device(s) by downloading the iHeart Radio application.
- This weekend’s series will also be video streamed live for free on ASun.TV.
- Live Twitter updates can also be accessed by following @ETSUAthletics and @ETSU_Baseball.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer baseball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the baseball link.
|Copyright ©2013 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|