|Win: DOANE (6-1)||9.0||4||2||2||1||5|
|Loss: HARRIS (1-1)||5.1||3||3||3||4||5|
|East Tennessee State||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||5||3||3||12||16||1|
|Win: CHESNEY (2-1)||2.0||2||0||0||0||2|
|Loss: LOEDING (1-4)||2.1||7||6||5||0||1|
|Win: RICE (3-1)||6.0||4||1||0||1||2|
|Loss: BAGSHAW (0-6)||3.2||7||8||8||2||0|
Thursday, April 04, 2013
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. (April 4, 2013) – After tossing its fourth shutout of the season, the ETSU baseball team looks to build off the momentum as the Bucs hit the road to take on Atlantic Sun newcomer Northern Kentucky this weekend at the Bill Aker Baseball Complex.
GAME TIMES/PITCHING ROTATION
Friday – 3:00 P.M. – Game No. 27
RHP Kerry Doane (5-1, 2.33) vs. RHP Aric Harris (1-0, 3.52)
Saturday – 1:00 P.M. – Game No. 28
RHP Griffin Krieg (2-2, 5.50) vs. LHP Matt Jefferson (0-6, 5.80)
Sunday – Noon – Game No. 29
TBA vs. RHP Blake Bagshaw (0-5, 6.32)
LAST TIME OUT FOR THE BUCS
- ETSU improved to 15-11 and snapped a two-game losing skid by shutting out Tennessee, 3-0, on Tuesday night at Thomas Stadium.
- Four Buccaneer pitchers combined for ETSU’s fourth shutout of the year as junior Logan Rice (Erwin, Tenn.) earned the win (2-1), while fellow junior Clinton Freeman (Jonesborough, Tenn.) picked up his third save of the season after tossing the final two innings out of the bullpen. Meanwhile, junior newcomer Jared Burton (Knoxville, Tenn.) and freshman Kameron Miller (Crestview, Fla.) also tossed scoreless innings in relief.
- As a team, the Bucs recorded double-digit hits for the 12th time in the last 17 games as outhit Tennessee Tech, 10-8. Three players finished with multi-hit efforts as freshman outfielder Jeremy Taylor (Fayetteville, Ga.) went 2-for-4 with one double, one stolen base and a run scored, while junior outfielder Dylan Tritsch (Boca Raton, Fla.) also finished with a pair of hits (one single, one triple), drove in a run and stole his ninth base of the year. Senior outfielder Andrew Green (Powell, Tenn.) – who has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games – went 2-for-4 with a double, run scored and stolen base in the win over the Golden Eagles.
- ETSU tied a season high with four stolen bases and four of its 10 hits went for extra bases.
ABOUT NORTHERN KENTUCKY
- Northern Kentucky enters the weekend with a record of 4-24, 1-5 in A-Sun play.
- After losing 16 straight games from March 2-24, the Norse have split their last four games after picking up wins over USC Upstate (5-3) and most recently rallying for a 10-9 victory at Ball State on Wednesday night.
- Senior infielder Brad Clement leads the team in batting average (.327), hits (33), doubles (5), runs scored (13) and RBI (14).
- The Norse have been outscored 218-97 and outhit 341-193 in their 28 games this season.
- Twelve of Northern Kentucky’s 28 games have been decided by two runs or less. The Norse are 2-6 in one-run games and 2-2 in two-run games.
This weekend marks the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
- Live stats will be available for all three games this weekend via StatBroadcast by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Fans can access live stats on their computers, mobile devices or tablets.
- All three games this weekend will be broadcast live on ETSUBucs.com as “Voice of the Bucs” Jay Sandos will handle the play-by-play duties.
- This weekend’s series will also be video streamed live for free on ASun.TV.
- Live Twitter updates can also be accessed by following @ETSUAthletics and @ETSU_Baseball.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer baseball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the baseball link.
|Copyright ©2015 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|