|News » Archives|
Buccaneer Cross Country competes at Furman Invitational
Saturday, October 09, 2004
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 9, 2004) - The East Tennessee State men's cross country team finished 14th at the Furman Invitational, Saturday from the Furman University Golf Course in Greenville, S.C. Junior Peter Dalton (Dublin, Ireland) paced the Buccaneer men's squad with a sixth-place finish while senior Jennifer Habbestad (Tampa, Fla.) finished 36th to lead the ETSU women's squad that had four individuals competing.
"If Peter (
Freshman Jordan Ladd (Lyn, Ontario) also ran well, finishing 32nd with a time of 26:59.50 while sophomore Joshua Hicks (Riceville, Tenn.) was the third Buccaneer finisher, placing 90th (28:16.58).
On the women's side, Habbestad finished the 5K course in 19:46.54 as
Freshman MacKenzie LaBonte (
"All four of our runners showed marked improvement over their performances in our last meet at
A team of ETSU cross country alumni competed in the men's race, finishing 15th. Brad Yewer led the team, finishing fourth with a time of 25:49.13 while Rick Patterson was the team's next finisher in 64th (27:40.05). Derek Murphy, David Haefner, Mike Farkas and Scott Faulds also participated for the squad.
Men's Results: Furman Invitational - 8K
6. Peter Dalton (Jr.), 25:54.40
32. Jordan Ladd (Fr.), 26:59.50
90. Joshua Hicks (So.), 28:16.58
154. Joshua Gibson (Jr.), 29:40.06
158. Towett Benard (Fr.), 29:53.59
190. Cody Patterson (So.), 31:21.01
218. Patrick Loven (Fr.), 33:48.97
Women's Results: Furman Invitational - 5K
36. Jennifer Habbestad (Sr.), 19:46.54
78. MacKenzie LaBonte (Fr.), 20:35.73
96. Maggie Hunter (So.), 20:53.84
106. Tiffany Collier (Sr.), 21:09.71