Second-place ETSU visits the River City for Saturday showdown
Friday, October 18, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Oct. 18, 2013) – The ETSU men’s soccer team will look to extend its five-match road unbeaten streak when it visits Jacksonville Saturday, Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. With conference play winding down, the Bucs enter the weekend in a second-place tie with Lipscomb in the A-Sun standings, while Jacksonville sits in third.
GETTING UP TO SPEED
- The Buccaneers (5-4-3, 3-1-0) responded to a 2-1, overtime loss to Florida Gulf Coast with a strong showing, shutting out Stetson, 3-0. The three-goal effort was ETSU’s highest-scoring output of the season.
- Five different ETSU players recorded points in the win, with Emmanuel Wilson (Memphis, Tenn.), Anthony Wojas (Auxerre, France), and Itode Fubara (Ogbema, Nigeria) netting goals, and Blaike Woodruff (Georgetown, Texas), David Geno (Kingsport, Tenn.), Wojas, and Fubara dishing out assists.
- ETSU goalkeeper Ryan Coulter (Dublin, Ireland) recorded his conference-best eighth shutout of the season, moving into a tie with Florida International University’s Jeff Cassar (1992-95) for most career shutouts in A-Sun history with 23.
- The Bucs rank third in the nation for shutout percentage (0.67), and in the Top 50 for save percentage (.804) and goals against average (0.77).
- ETSU sits in a tie with Lipscomb for second place in the Atlantic Sun. Jacksonville has sole possession of third place. View the full conference standings here.
- Fubara was named one of ten finalists for this year’s Senior CLASS Award, one of the most prestigious awards in college athletics. Learn more about the award here, or vote for Fubara here.
JACKSONVILLE – Saturday, Oct. 19 at 7pm – LIVE STATS – VIDEO
- The Dolphins (4-6-1, 2-1-0) will enter Saturday’s match riding a two-match win streak, following victories over Mercer and USC Upstate last weekend.
- Jacksonville leads the A-Sun in assists per game, averaging 1.18 per contest.
- The Dolphins are paced by Jack Burns (two goals, three assists) and Nathan Dalton (two goals, one assist).
- Learn more about Jacksonville by viewing its cumulative stats.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Men’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUMSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!