|Stats at a Glance||UPST||ETSU|
MUEY - 15
Thursday, October 24, 2013
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 24, 2013) – The ETSU volleyball team looks to extend its home win streak to 11 straight matches Friday night when the Bucs host USC Upstate inside Brooks Gym. First-serve is set for 7 p.m.
The Bucs (15-7, 9-1 A-Sun) are coming off a four-set home win over Mercer Tuesday night, and the Blue and Gold have won 14 of their last 15 matches inside Brooks Gym.
LAST TIME OUT
- Despite dropping its first home set of the season, ETSU still managed to pull out a four-set win (27-25, 25-23, 23-25, 25-17) over Mercer on Tuesday.
- Senior Megan Devine (Kingsport, Tenn.) notched her third straight double-double after leading all players with 21 kills and added 12 digs. Junior Meredith Hardy (Kingsport, Tenn.) and sophomore Khadijah Wiley (Columbus, Ga.) combined to hit .364 in the match, while junior libero Katie Muey (Alexandria, Ind.) tallied a match-high 17 digs. Hardy ended with 13 kills (.321 attack percentage) and four blocks, and Wiley hit a match-best .438 (8-1-16) and had seven blocks.
- As a team, ETSU held Mercer to a .158 attack percentage (47-24-146), and the Bucs out-blocked the Bears, 12-11, marking the 18th time the Blue and Gold have out-blocked the opposition this season.
ABOUT USC UPSTATE
- The Spartans (3-17, 3-8 A-Sun) are coming off a sweep over Kennesaw State on Tuesday night and have split their last four matches.
- USC Upstate, who ranks ninth in the league in attack percentage (.140), hit a season-best .336 (47-10-110) against the Owls, while also holding Kennesaw State to a .078 clip (32-23-116).
- The Spartans lead the A-Sun in digs per set (15.85), while Kayla Eversgerd is sixth in kills (3.43), Morgan Page is sixth in digs (3.91) and Lexi Gober is ninth in assists per set (8.92).
- Since joining the A-Sun, ETSU is 8-3 all-time against the Spartans and the Bucs have won five of the last six matches.
- ETSU is 4-1 all-time against USC Upstate inside Brooks Gym, with the Blue and Gold sweeping the Spartans the last three meetings in Johnson City.
- Last month, the Blue and Gold swept USC Upstate in Spartanburg. Devine led all players with 22 kills and hit .463, while Hardy added 11 kills (.588 attack percentage) and seven blocks. Junior Ivey Rice (Johnson City, Tenn.) hit .600 (7-1-10) and totaled 13 digs. As a team, the Bucs hit .408 (50-10-98) and held the Spartans to a .083 percentage (27-18-109).
- Live stats for Friday’s match will be provided through StatBroadcast, by visiting ETSUBucs.com. Live stats can also be accessed on your mobile devices and tablets by visiting BucsStats.com.
- Twitter updates can be accessed by following @ETSUVolleyball and @ETSUAthletics.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
- Meredith Hardy enters Friday’s match needing just seven blocks to break the all-time Atlantic Sun record. Currently, Rachel Templin, who played at Campbell from 2003-06, holds the mark at 422 blocks.
- Hardy is also 157 kills shy of reaching the 1,000-kill club. In 87 career matches, the junior middle blocker has accumulated 843 kills, and Hardy is on pace to reach the prestigious club at the end of this 2013 season.
- Jamie Rutledge (Kingsport, Tenn.) is 100 assists shy of moving past Nani Emerson (2005-06) for fifth all-time in assists at ETSU. Rutledge has 2,444 assists in 75 career matches played.
- Megan Devine needs 43 digs to move into the top-five of ETSU leaders in digs. The reigning A-Sun Player of the Year has 1,345 career digs in 122 matches played.
For more information on Buccaneer volleyball, visit ETSUBucs.com.
|Copyright ©2014 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|