ETSU’s incoming class grows to three with these additions
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (April 12, 2016) – ETSU Head Volleyball Coach Lindsey Devine and her staff announced the addition of Madison Mudd (Louisville, Ky.) and Aya Thegenus-Lechin (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) Tuesday. Mudd and Thegenus-Lechin join Kaela Massey (Brentwood, Tenn.) as a part of the Bucs’ 2016 recruiting class.
Madison Mudd – 5-7 – Libero/DS– Louisville, Ky. (Mercy Academy)
- Helped Mercy Academy go 31-8 last fall and a 40-1 record as a junior.
- Tallied 426 kills, 390 digs, 38 aces and 40 blocks during her senior season.
- Won a Kentucky High School State Championship before winning the national high school championship as a junior. Mudd was named an All-American following that season.
- Was an All-Region and All-District selection in her final season at Mercy Academy.
- Named to the Volleyball Phenom list in 2013 and 2014.
Coach’s Take: “Madison is a tough, gritty competitor who plays much bigger than her 5’7” frame,” Devine said. “She has been a proven winner in high school career and will add that mentality to ETSU volleyball this fall.”
Aya Thegenus-Lechin – 5-6 – Libero/DS – Deerfield Beach, Fla. (Cardinal Gibbins High School)
- Earned varsity letters in her final two seasons of high school.
- Helped her team go 25-7 during her senior season.
- Was a part of two district championships squads as a freshman and sophomore.
- Won a 4A Florida High School State Championship as a senior.
- Was named to the honor roll in all four years in high school.
Coach’s Take: “Aya has an athletic presence on the floor that mirrors the kind of intensity that’s a perfect fit for our program,” said Devine. “I am fired up that she will be wearing the blue and gold uniform this fall.”
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Volleyball by following @ETSUVolleyball on Twitter or BucVolleyball on Facebook.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click hereto sign up today!