Luke Murray enters his first season as an assistant coach on the ETSU volleyball staff. Murray will primarily work with the setters, while also assist with recruiting, scouting, and academics.
Murray played collegiately at Penn State for head coach Mark Pavlik from 2005-08 and was a part of the Nittany Lions’ 2008 National Championship team. While at Penn State, Murray received numerous accolades such as:
• AVCA Second Team All-American (2008)
• NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team
• AVCA/Sport Imports National Player of the Week on March 27, 2008
• Hawaii Outrigger Invitational All-Tournament Team
• Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (EIVA) Most Outstanding Player (2007)
• Two-time First Team All-EIVA selection (2007 & 2008)
The Washington, Pa. native also ranks among the Nittany Lion greats, as his 3,191 career assists rank seventh all-time in Penn State history. Murray graduated with a degree in history from Penn State.
Following his collegiate career, Murray trained for the U.S. National Team in Anaheim, Calif. under Hugh McCutcheon and Alan Knipe. From there Murray played professionally in Cyprus and Puerto Rico. Murray played for Enossis Neon from 2009-10 and most recently with Ponce Leones during the 2011-12 season.
Murray is married to Kendall Murray (formerly Grow) and they reside in Chuckey, Tenn.