|Women's Cross Country » News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics|
East Tennessee State women finish sixth, men finish seventh at SoCon Championships
Saturday, October 30, 2004
(Oct. 30, 2004) - The East Tennessee State cross country teams participated in the Southern Conference Cross Country Championships Saturday morning from the Furman University Golf Course in Greenville S.C. The Buccaneer women's team finished sixth in the event, while the men's team placed seventh.
The Buccaneer women were led by junior Christine Ward (Candler, N.C.), who finished 14th in a time of 19:18.48.
ETSU senior Jennifer Habbestad (
"Our staff is excited because we had to run as well as we possibly could to finish in the top-six today, and we accomplished that goal," commented ETSU assistant cross country coach Michelle Byrne following the meet. "This is a team that showed a lot of character this season. We are moving in the right direction, but we still have a lot of work to do. We have to continue to work hard and recruit well to make the team stronger depth-wise."
Junior Peter Dalton (
Freshman Jordan Ladd (
"It is difficult for our team to be in this position, but the bottom line is that this team dealt with a lot of adversity this fall," said ETSU head cross country coach Dave Walker. "The encouraging thing is that everybody will be back next season, and if everyone is healthy, there is no reason we can't challenge at the top of the conference.
Men's Results: SoCon Championships - 8K
11. Peter Dalton (Jr.), 26:27.34
33. Jordan Ladd (Fr.), 27:45.88
41. Joshua Hicks (So.), 28:12.18
45. Benard Towett (Fr.), 28:21.75
64. Joshua Gibson (Jr.), 29:08.01
76. James Coggins (Fr.), 30:22.58
78. Graham Foster (So.), 30:44.12
Women's Results: SoCon Championships - 5K
14. Christine Ward (Jr.), 19:18.48
22. Jennifer Habbestad (Sr.), 19:44.21
39. Tatiana Arriaran (Sr.), 20:21.84
43. Maggie Hunter (So.), 20:28.42
49. MacKenzie LaBonte (Fr.), 20:50.19
57. Tiffany Collier (Sr.), 21:08.23
Women's Cross Country Archives
TEAM INFO CENTER
2004-05 Women's Cross Country