JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 10, 2013) – The ETSU women’s soccer team will continue its conference campaign with a long journey to the Sunshine State to take on Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson Friday and Sunday, respectively.
GETTING UP TO SPEED
- Having tallied 11 goals in its first three league games, ETSU’s scoring offense (2.42 goals per game) ranks 26th in the nation.
- The Bucs (6-5-1, 2-1-0) currently sit in a third-place tie with Jacksonville in the conference standings, while ranking second in the Atlantic Sun for goals against average (1.145) behind FGCU.
LAST TIME OUT
- ETSU picked up its second conference win of the season Sunday, Oct. 6, cruising past Kennesaw State, 2-0, and improving its home record to 5-2-0.
- Junior Kristi Davis (Edmond, Okla.) netted her team-best seventh goal, while freshman Molly Collinson (Cramlington, England) recorded her third goal of the season.
- Sophomore midfielder Sara Zadrazil (St. Gilgen, Austria) tallied her conference-leading 11th assist, retaining her spot as the nation’s leader for assists per game (1.10).
FLORIDA GULF COAST – Friday, Oct. 11 at 7pm – LIVE STATS – VIDEO
- The first-place Eagles (8-3-2, 3-0-1) have not suffered a loss since Sept. 22 vs. UCF.
- FGCU is paced by Tabitha Tindell’s 17 points (seven goals, three assists).
- Melissa Arnold is the team’s leading passer, having dished out seven assists on the year.
- Last season’s lone unanimous First Team All-Atlantic Sun selection, Ally Kasun, has recorded just one goal on 23 shots. Kasun was selected as this season’s A-Sun Preseason Player of the Year.
- The Eagles rank first in the Atlantic Sun for goals against average (1.041) and fourth for scoring offense (1.92 goals per game).
- ETSU is 2-4-0 all-time versus FGCU, including a narrow 2-1 loss in Johnson City last season.
- Last season, FGCU became the first team to win back-to-back conference tournament titles since UCF in 2001-02.
- The Eagles are 4-1-1 at home this season.
STETSON – Sunday, Oct. 13 at 1pm – LIVE STATS – VIDEO
- The Hatters (4-6-2, 2-1-1) sit mere percentage points behind ETSU in the conference standings, tied with Mercer for fifth-place.
- Stetson is playing well above preseason expectations, having been projected to finish ninth in the Atlantic Sun preseason poll.
- Stetson ranks last in the A-Sun for goals against average, allowing 1.914 goals per contest.
- ETSU is 7-2-0 all-time versus Stetson, having won six of its last seven match-ups with the Hatters.
- The Hatters are 2-2-0 at home on the year.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Receive live game updates and behind-the-scenes access of ETSU Women’s Soccer by following the newly-launched Twitter handle, @ETSUWSoccer.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!