ETSU looks to continue Summers-Taylor Stadium success
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 29, 2013) – Following a two-game road trip to start the season, the ETSU women’s soccer team returns to the familiar confines of Summers-Taylor Stadium to host VMI Friday, Aug. 30 at 7:00 p.m. in the team’s home opener. Since 2011, the Buccaneers have lost just three times at home.
LAST TIME OUT
- ETSU wrapped up its season-opening two-game road trip with a 2-0 loss at Virginia Tech. The Buccaneers played the Hokies, a 2012 NCAA Tournament participant, to a scoreless stalemate until the 67-minute mark. Following a red card on junior Andie Stone (Austin, Texas) in the match’s 66th minute, ETSU conceded a pair of goals.
- Freshman goalkeeper Jasmine Elliott (Preston, England) recorded six saves on Virginia Tech’s 28 shot attempts.
- The contest will be the Keydets’ second match in a three-game road trip. VMI opened the season Friday, Aug. 23 with a 2-1 loss to Atlantic Sun opponent, USC Upstate. Last season, VMI and USC Upstate featured the two lowest scoring offenses in the nation, with both teams each scoring six goals throughout the season.
- The match will be the first regular season meeting between the two teams. Last season, the squads met in exhibition play, with ETSU prevailing 1-0. ETSU and VMI will both be competing as first-year members in the Southern Conference next season.
- Since 2003, ETSU has lost just three home-opening matches.
- Live stats will be provided by ETSU and can be found by clicking here.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Follow the Bucs on Twitter @ETSUWSoccer for in-game updates, behind-the-scenes access, and much more!
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!