Saturday, March 22, 2014
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 22, 2014) - Capping the weekend with a convincing 7-0 win over Lipscomb, the ETSU women's tennis team moved to 4-0 in A-Sun play while extending its win streak to five matches.
The Buccaneers (8-7, 4-0) commanded play throughout the afternoon, winning all six singles points versus Lipscomb en route to clinching their fifth consecutive win.
Ana Gerbasi (Caracas, Venezuela), Jessica Brumit (Elizabethton, Tenn.), and Salma Dahbi (Marrakech, Morocco) each pushed their individual singles win streaks to five matches.
ETSU entered the weekend knotted with Mercer atop the Atlantic Sun standings.
The Buccaneers will look to continue their winning ways when they visit the Sunshine State next weekend, taking on Central Florida Friday, March 27 and North Florida Saturday, March 28.
1. Giulia Andreazza (ETSU) def. Deahna Welcher (LIP), 6-0, 6-2
2. Lyn Yee Choo (ETSU) def. Melissa Kromer (LIP), 6-4, 6-2
3. Ana Gerbasi (ETSU) def. Laura Kent (LIP), 7-5, 6-1
4. Sofia Espana (ETSU) def. Jenny Borck (LIP), 4-6, 6-2, (12-6)
5. Salma Dahbi (ETSU) def. Lorena Djuknic (LIP), 6-3, 7-5, (7-4)
6. Jessica Brumit (ETSU) def. Sierra Troxel (LIP), 6-0, 6-0
1. Lyn Yee Choo/Ana Gerbasi (ETSU) def. Deahna Welcher/Jenny Borck (LIP) - 8-4
2. Salma Dahbi/Sofia Espana (ETSU) def. Melissa Kromer/Laura Kent (LIP) - 8-4
3. Giulia Andreazza/Jessica Brumit (ETSU) def. Lorena Djuknic/Sierra Troxel (LIP) - 8-3
FOLLOW THE BUCS
|Copyright ©2014 East Tennessee State Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.ETSUBucs.com|