JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 3, 2013) – The ETSU men’s and women’s tennis teams will continue fall play this weekend as the men’s squad competes in the UVa Fall Invite in Charlottesville, Va., while the women’s team plays in the Clemson Invitational in Clemson, S.C.
- Ricardo Pabon and Sebastian Yllera came away victorious in the No. 1 doubles flight of the UTC Fall Invite last weekend. The duo knocked off Mauricio Antun and Marko Lovrinovic in a tiebreak, 8-7 (5), to win the flight finals.
- Meanwhile, four members of the ETSU team competed in the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa, Okla. Diego Nunez and Rogerio Ribeiro teamed up to advance to the third round of the qualifiers before falling to Oklahamo’s Andrew Harris and Dane Webb. Ribeiro managed to advance to the singles qualifiers, but was knocked out of contention by Alabama’s Becker O’Shaughnessey.
- The three-day UVa Invitational will begin play Friday, Oct. 4 and conclude Sunday, Oct. 6.
- Jessica Brumit paced the Buccaneers in last week’s Wake Forest Invitational, winning the E singles flight and finishing runner-up in the B doubles flight alongside Giulia Andreazza.
- Lyn Yee Choo advanced to the quarterfinals of the A singles flight.
- The three-day Clemson Invitational will be played Friday, Oct. 4 through Sunday, Oct. 6.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
- For more information on Buccaneer athletics, visit ETSUBucs.com.