JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 2, 2017) – After the first day of the Buccaneer Track and Field Invitational in Johnson City, Kiara Price finished in second in the women’s pentathlon while teammate Nathan Rivera (Knoxville, Tenn.) currently sits in third with four events remaining in the men’s heptathlon.
Highlights of Day One
- Freshman Price is leading the Bucs early at the Buccaneer Track and Field Invitational as she placed second in the women’s pentathlon. She recorded 2,967 points, which was 42 points ahead of third place Makaila Roberts of Appalachian State. Price had her best finish in shot put where she finished second with a toss of 10.19m, and she finished tied for third in the high jump with a mark of 1.44m.
- Marabeth Clark (Maryville, Tenn.) cracked the top five in the same event as she finished in fourth. She claimed the top spot in the 800m with a time of 2:37.88, and Clark finished over three seconds faster than Marissa Scott of Western Carolina, who finished runner-up in the event.
- In his seventh heptathlon at ETSU, Rivera finds himself in third place with 2,098 points. He is just 19 points from tying second and 40 points away from tying first place. The junior finished in second in both the 60m and long jump. He clocked in at 7.25 in the 60m and made a jump of 6.56m in the long jump.
Information for Day Two
The first event of the day will begin at 9 a.m. with the heptathlon 60m hurdles followed by the heptathlon pole vault. The first non-heptathlon event is the women’s 60mH prelims, which starts at 10:30 a.m. inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center.
To follow live results for the Buccaneer Track and Field Invitational, click here.
FOLLOW THE BUCS
- For more information about ETSU track & field, please visit com and click on the track & field links.
- ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!