JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 20, 2018) – ETSU football head coach Randy Sanders and his staff released information on Tuesday regarding an upcoming tryout for walk-on players.
On Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m., the ETSU coaching staff will hold a meeting for all ETSU students who are interested in trying out for the team. The initial meeting will take place in the Football Team Room, which is located inside W141 of the Mini Dome.
The Feb. 26 meeting will inform students of the requirements which MUST BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 1, prior to tryout, to be allowed to participate in the on-field tryout. Some of those requirements include filling out and returning a medical information packet, which can be found HERE, as well as providing proof of passing a physical within one-year of the tryout date.
Below is a list of non-medical requirements that must be done BY MARCH 1, prior to tryout.
1) Bring two letters of recommendation from both their high school head coach and high school guidance counselor or core course teacher
2) Bring a physical highlight video or provide an online link to highlight.
3) Be a full-time ETSU student (12 or more credit hours); ETSU graduate student (9 hours)
4) Must have a grade-point-average of 2.00 or higher (please bring unofficial transcript for college courses if applicable)
5) Must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center and receive final academic and amateurism certification.
For additional information regarding this meeting or for those who have conflicts with this date, please e-mail Mike Rader [email protected] All documentation, videos and letters of recommendation can be emailed to the address above.
Please note, a follow-up meeting will be held on Thursday, March 1 at 5 p.m., inside the Football Team Meeting Room. Further details and deadlines will be discussed for documentation.
The tryout will be held after the first practice on March 13.
For more information on Buccaneer football, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link.