JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 1, 2018) – ETSU football head coach Randy Sanders and his staff released information on Wednesday regarding an upcoming tryout for walk-on players.
On Monday, Aug. 27 at 5 p.m.,the ETSU coaching staff will hold a meeting for all ETSU students who are interested in trying out for the team. The initial meeting will take place in the Football Team Room, which is located inside W141 of the Mini Dome.
The meeting on Aug. 27 will inform students of the requirements which MUST BE COMPLETED BY Aug. 29, prior to tryout to be allowed to participate in the on-field tryout. Some of those requirements include filling out and returning a medical information packet, which can be found HERE, as well as providing proof of passing a physical within one-year of the tryout date. Please note, YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE BEFORE PARTICIPATING!
Below is a list of non-medical requirements that must be done BY AUGUST 29, prior to tryout.
1) Bring two letters of recommendation from both their high school head coach and high school guidance counselor or core course teacher
2) Bring a physical highlight video or provide an online link to highlight
3) Be a full-time ETSU student (12 or more credit hours); ETSU graduate student (9 hours)
4) Must have a grade-point-average of 2.00 or higher (please bring unofficial transcript for college courses if applicable)
5) Freshman need to bring their high school transcript
6) Must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center
For additional information regarding this meeting or for those who have conflicts with this date, please e-mail Price Partrick and/or Hunter Parker at [email protected] and [email protected]. All documentation, videos and letters of recommendation can be emailed to the e-mail addresses listed above.
Please note, a follow-up meeting will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 12 p.m., inside the Football Team Meeting Room. Further details and deadlines will be discussed for documentation.
The tryout will be held on Monday, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m.
For more information on Buccaneer football, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football link.