JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 20, 2019) – The East Tennessee State University Department of Athletics has officially upgraded its gameday experience for the 2019 football season.
“Delivering a first-class fan experience is a priority for ETSU,” stated Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Operations Dr. Matt McGahey. “For the 2019 season, we have added new in-game promotions, increased live music performances, created new turnkey tailgating options, introduced select Wendy’s products in our concession stands, a new cannon will fire following touchdowns and an interactive inflatable will be placed inside Greene Stadium. Returning for 2019 will be traditions like the Buc Walk and in-game fireworks for all night games, including a post-game fireworks show for the home opener. Enhancing the ETSU Football game day will allow Buc fans to create special memories with their friends and families that will last a lifetime.”
- 9/7: Shorter
- Pepsi Fireworks post-game show
- 9/14: VMI
- 1969 Championship Team Reunion
- 9/21: Austin Peay
- 2019 Hall of Fame Weekend
- ETSU Family Weekend
- 10/5: Wofford
- Blue OUT!
- Bucky’s BBQ Brawl
- 11/2: The Citadel
- Homecoming 2019
- Bucky’s Low Country Boil Contest
- 11/16: Mercer
- Heroes’ Day
- Senior Day
- Bucky’s Chili Cook Off
New at Greene Stadium
- Fire the Cannon!
- Be aware that a new cannon has been positioned in the northeast corner on the field at Greene Stadium that will be fired every time the Bucs score a touchdown.
- Instant Replay
- Instant replay is coming to the SoCon in 2019. Replays will be triggered by either a coach’s challenge or from the booth.
- Buccaneer Tailgate Cove
- ETSU has partnered with East Tenn Rent-Alls and Celebrate to bring you a new, all-inclusive turnkey tailgate experience. Packages include tents holding 20-60 people next to the Food City Zone, complete with tables, chairs, coolers with ice, trash cans, Lot 21 parking passes and other amenities. For reservations contact Celebrate at (423) 282-4142.
- Interactive Inflatable
- An interactive inflatable will be added inside Greene Stadium this year near the Southwest Gate.
- Concessions Upgrades
- Also debuting in Greene Stadium this year is Wendy’s for classic treats and cold Frosties. There will also be a food truck positioned inside Greene Stadium, serving new menu options for the 2019 season.
- Bucky’s Fan Cook Offs
- Three scheduled cooking competitions will be held in the Food City Zone during select games. Contact Calvin Claggett at [email protected] to enter.
- Bojangles’ Turnover for Tea
- If the Bucs force a turnover on “TEA-Fense” then select fans will win a FREE Bojangles’ Legendary Tea.
- Chick-Fil-A Ice The Kicker
- If the visiting team misses a field goal or extra point, everyone at the game wins a FREE Chick-Fil-A Ice Dream Cone.
- Wendy’s 4 for 400
- If the Bucs gain 400 or more total offensive yards for the game, everyone in a row wins a gift card from Wendy’s.
- Pizza Hut Win
- When the Bucs win, select fans will receive a prize courtesy of Pizza Hut.
Pepsi Concert Series
- 9/7 – Shorter
- 10/5 – Wofford
- 11/2 – The Citadel
ETSU fans are encouraged to purchase season tickets for the 2019 season by clicking here. Fans may also purchase single-game tickets or our three-game ticket package. Following the season-opening road game, the Bucs will return to William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium for three consecutive home games at 7:30 p.m. against Shorter (Sept. 7), VMI (Sept. 14) and Austin Peay (Sept. 21). The six-game home schedule features four Southern Conference foes in VMI (Sept. 14), Wofford (Oct. 5), The Citadel (Nov. 2) and Mercer (Nov. 16).
For a complete gameday flyer, click here.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!
For more information on Buccaneer football, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football page.