Bucs host Lenoir-Rhyne at 7:30 p.m. inside Freedom Hall
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Dec. 3, 2021) – The ETSU men’s basketball team opens a three-game homestand Saturday night when the Buccaneers host Lenoir-Rhyne at 7:30 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU has won five of its first eight games to start the season with wins over USC Upstate, Murray State, Missouri State, Kent State and Lees-McRae.
- The Bucs are coming off a 70-56 setback at UAB on Wednesday night.
- Ledarrius Brewer (Meridian, Miss.) posted his fourth career double-double in the loss down in Birmingham as he totaled 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- As a team, ETSU ranks among the national leaders in free throw percentage (9th, 80.4), offensive rebounds per game (19th, 14.1), three-point field goal attempts (34th, 215) and fewest fouls (41st, 14.1).
- ETSU has gone 79-16 (.832) inside Freedom Hall since the start of the 2015-16 season … The Bucs are 2-0 this season with a 56-43 win over USC Upstate on Nov. 18 and the 92-74 win over Lees-McRae on Nov. 27
- ETSU extended its win streak over non-Division I teams to 70 straight games with its 92-74 win over Lees-McRae … ETSU’s last loss to a non-DI team was against UNCG, 77-52, to open the 1987-88 season.
- Since Feb. 16, 1987 in a game against Davidson, the Bucs have made at least one 3-pointer in 1,068 consecutive games ... ETSU was 0-for-8 in that 1987 game ... The Bucs currently rank as the fifth-longest streak in the NCAA, with UNLV topping the list with 1,137 games.
- Lenoir-Rhyne enters Saturday’s game with an overall record of 3-4.
- The Bears have dropped their last two games, falling 72-57 at Carson-Newman on Wednesday and 70-54 at Limestone last Saturday.
- Lenoir-Rhyne is led by the duo of Jalen Johnson and Kevin Kangu … Johnson is leading the team in scoring (13.9), three-pointers made (17), free throws made (16) and assists (31) … Kangu is averaging 12.7 points.
- The Bears are averaging 70.4 points per game and allowing 75.1 per contest, while being outrebounded by nearly nine per game, 38.4 to 29.6.
- Lenoir-Rhyne is averaging 9.7 threes per game, while opponents are posting 10.4 from long range.
- Saturday marks the fifth all-time meeting between the two programs and the first since 1925-26.
- The teams have split the previous four with Lenoir-Rhyne winning the first two and ETSU claiming the last two.
- The first ever meeting was played in 1923-24.
- Saturday’s game will be video streamed on ESPN+ with Mike Gallagher (pbp) and Bruce Tranbarger (color) providing the call … Click here for live video.
- The game will also be broadcast live on WXSM-AM 640 The Extreme Sports Monster, starting with Atmos Energy Pregame Show at 7 p.m. with “Voice of the Bucs” Jay Sandos provided the call … Click here for live audio.
- Live stats will be available for Saturday’s contest via StatBroadcast. Click here to access the live stats feed.
- Twitter updates will also be available by following @ETSU_MBB.
- Tickets are still available for Saturday’s game and can be purchased by visiting com.
- Single game tickets can be purchased for as low as $10.
ETSU continues its homestand next Saturday when the Bucs host Morehead State at 4 p.m.
For more information on ETSU men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.