Blue Out, Replica jersey giveaway set for Saturday
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Jan. 7, 2022) – Since 2016, the month of January has been quite favorable for ETSU men’s basketball. The Bucs hope to keep the trend going on Saturday when ETSU hosts Wofford at 4 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
BLUE OUT, REPLICA JERSEY GIVEAWAY
Saturday marks a Blue Out inside Freedom Hall so Buccaneer fans are encouraged to wear their favorite blue ETSU apparel. In addition, a limited number of replica jerseys will be given away.
To purchase tickets for Saturday’s game, please visit ETSUTickets.com.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU opened 2022 with an 80-79 win over VMI on Wednesday night en route to improving to 9-6 overall and 1-1 in SoCon play.
- David Sloan (Louisville, Ky.) scored 14 of his 20 points in the second half, while Ledarrius Brewer (Meridian, Miss.) netted 19 first-half points.
- The Bucs tied a season high with 13 made threes and grabbed 50 rebounds (21 on the offensive end).
- ETSU began its NBA-style schedule on Wednesday night … The win over VMI marked the first of four games over a seven-day stretch … The Bucs play Wofford today, Western Carolina on Monday and at Furman on Wednesday.
- When it comes to the month of January, the Bucs play stellar basketball … Since 2015-16, the Blue and Gold have gone 41-9 (.820) in the month of January, while winning 31 of its last 35 games in January … The 41 wins during this span are the sixth-most in the country only behind Belmont (46), Vermont (45), Gonzaga (44), Winthrop (44) and Sam Houston State (42).
- ETSU has gone 82-17 (.828) inside Freedom Hall since the start of the 2015-16 season … The Bucs are 5-1 this season with a 56-43 win over USC Upstate on Nov. 18, the 92-74 win over Lees-McRae on Nov. 27, 90-66 victory over Lenoir-Rhyne on Dec. 4, an 82-75 win vs. Morehead State on Dec. 11 and an 80-79 win over VMI on Jan. 5 … In 2019-20, the Bucs won their first 12 games inside Freedom Hall to start the season, matching the best open since the 2003-04 Bucs went 12-0 … ETSU’s 16 wins that year were tied for the ninth-most in the country last season as Rutgers led all teams with 18 and a group of seven schools (Gonzaga, Wichita State, Creighton, Oregon, Liberty and Louisville) were tied with 17 … The 16 home wins by the Bucs were also the most in program history in the modern era (since 1960).
- ETSU has won five of its six home games in 2021-22 as the Bucs are outscoring opponents, 77.8 to 67.7 … The Bucs are shooting 43 percent from the field, 35 percent from three and 79 percent at the free throw line, while holding opponents to 28 percent shooting from beyond the arc … ETSU is plus-14 in made threes at home with Jordan King shooting 43 percent (17-40) from beyond the arc in Freedom Hall en route to averaging 13.2 points per game … Ledarrius Brewer is averaging 13.8 points and 6.2 rebounds per contest in six home contests, while Charlie Weber is posting 11.4 points and 5.8 boards in five home games … Weber is also shooting 60 percent from the floor (22-37) and 92 percent at the free throw line (11-12) … The Blue and Gold are +7.7 on the glass at home and in their five home wins they are outscoring opponents 94-44 in points off turnovers … However, in its lone home loss to North Carolina A&T, ETSU was outscored 26-7 in points off turnovers.
- ETSU has had four different leading scorers this season – David Sloan (6 times), Ledarrius Brewer (four), Jordan King (3) and Ty Brewer (2) … The Bucs are 8-2 when either Sloan or Ledarrius Brewer lead the team in scoring … ETSU is 5-1 when Sloan accomplishes the feat and 3-1 when Ledarrius leads the club in scoring.
- Ledarrius Brewer is playing in his 100th career game Saturday versus Wofford … For his career, Brewer has totaled 1,383 points, 441 rebounds, 165 assists, 116 steals and 202 made three-pointers … Overall, Brewer has made at least one three-pointer in 85 of his 99 games played and has made multiple treys in 58 career games … Brewer has made at least one field goal in 98 of his 99 games played and scored points in 98 contests … Brewer has made at least one field goal in 88 straight games … Brewer is just one 26 active NCAA Division I players since 2017-18 to have recorded over 1,350 points, 400 rebounds, 200 made threes and 150 assists.
- Since Feb. 16, 1987 in a game against Davidson, the Bucs have made at least one 3-pointer in 1,075 consecutive games ... ETSU was 0-for-8 in that 1987 game ... The Bucs currently rank as the fifth-longest streak in the NCAA, with UNLV topping the list with 1,143 games.
- Wofford has dropped its first two games to open SoCon play at sits 8-6 overall and 0-2 in conference action.
- Five of Wofford’s eight wins have come at home, while the Terriers are 3-3 on the road with wins at Georgia, Gardner-Webb and Presbyterian.
- The Terriers are averaging 76.9 points per game and allowing just 66.1, putting them third in the SoCon in scoring margin (+10.7).
- Wofford leads the SoCon in turnover margin (+3.00), while also ranking third in the conference in scoring defense and free throw percentage (.742), and second in the league in field goal percentage (.472).
- The Terriers are led by Max Klesmit, who is averaging 16.0 points per game, while B.J. Mack is posting 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds, along with shooting 52 percent from the field.
- ETSU leads the all-time series, 39-15 with the teams defending their home court a year ago … Wofford won 67-62 on Feb. 1 in Spartanburg and the Bucs returned the favor 71-49 in Johnson City 12 days later.
- The Bucs won all three games in 2019-20, including the 72-58 win in the SoCon Championship game.
- The series is split 5-5 in the last 10.
- In 2019-20, it marked the first time ETSU defeated Wofford twice in the same year since 2003 when ETSU won the regular season meeting 81-61 in Spartanburg, while claiming an 80-75 win in the SoCon Tournament … It was also the first time ETSU won two regular season games against Wofford in the same season since 1996-97 when the Bucs won 72-68 on Dec. 17, 1996 and again on Jan. 25, 1997 (67-60) in a non-conference series.
- ETSU is 24-5 in games played in Johnson City.
- In the series, 26 games have been decided by 10 points or less with the Bucs winning 15 of them, while 17 games have been decided by five points or less with ETSU winning 10 and eight games decided by three points or less with the Bucs going 5-3 in those contests.
- Saturday’s game will be televised on Nexstar and ESPN+ with Pete Yanity (pbp) and Dean Keener (color) providing the call … Click here for live video.
- The game will be broadcast on WXSM-AM 640 with “Voice of the Bucs” Jay Sandos providing the play-by-play starting with the Atmos Energy Pregame Show at 3:30 p.m. … Click here for live audio.
- Live stats will be available for Saturday’s contest via StatBroadcast … Click here to access the live stats feed.
- Twitter updates will also be available by following @ETSU_MBB.
- Tickets are still available for Saturday’s game and can be purchased by visiting com.
- Single game tickets can be purchased for as low as $10.
ETSU wraps up its three-game homestand Monday night when the Bucs take on Western Carolina at 7 p.m.
For more information on ETSU men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.