JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 29, 2022) – ETSU men’s basketball head coach Desmond Oliver and his staff released information on Friday regarding an upcoming tryout for walk-on players.
On Thursday, Oct. 13, the men’s basketball program will hold a walk-on tryout starting at 5 p.m. at Gordon Ball Court, located inside the Mini Dome.
Below is a list of requirements that must be met in order to try out. YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE ON-COURT TRYOUT.
Requirements to Tryout:
- Email Director of Basketball Operations Aaron Jones ([email protected]) and include your class schedule, E# and the last school you attended. (High School or College)
- Be a full-time ETSU student (12 or more credit hours)
- ETSU graduate student (9 hours)
- Must have a grade-point-average of 3.0 GPA or higher (please email unofficial transcript for college courses if applicable)
- Freshman need to bring their high school transcripts
- Must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center and receive final academic and amateurism certification
Once the requirements listed above are met, please email Aaron Jones ([email protected]) to complete additional paperwork. For all other information, please email Aaron Jones ([email protected]).
For more information on Buccaneer men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.