Bucs host Trojans inside Freedom Hall
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Nov. 16, 2022) – The ETSU men’s basketball team is back in action this Thursday when the Buccaneers host Arkansas Little Rock at 7 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
DATE: Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Freedom Hall (Johnson City, Tenn.)
TEAMS: ETSU (2-1) vs. Little Rock (1-2)
LIVE VIDEO: ESPN+
BROADCAST TEAM: Keith Brake (play-by-play), Bruce Tranbarger (analyst)
RADIO: WXSM-AM 640 | 104.9 NASH ICON
RADIO TEAM: Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos
LIVE STATS: ETSUBucs.com (StatBroadcast)
GAME SPONSOR: Hardees
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU split its two games last week at the Asheville Championship as the Bucs opened the tournament with a 77-64 win over Elon on Friday and dropped an 81-77 decision to Sun Belt Conference preseason favorite Louisiana in the title game on Sunday
- With the split, the Bucs moved to 2-1 through their first three games of the season
- Jalen Haynes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) and Jordan King (Albany, N.Y.) earned all-tournament team honors at the Asheville Championship
- In the two games, Haynes averaged 20.0 points and 6.5 rebounds, while shooting 82 percent (14-17) from the field and 85 percent (11-13) at the free throw line … King posted 14.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists last weekend in Asheville
- Josh Taylor (Atlanta) – who is coming off his first collegiate double-double on Sunday (13 points/10 rebounds) – leads the SoCon in rebounding … Taylor is averaging 9.7 rebounds per contest
- Haynes tops all SoCon players in field goal percentage (.667), while he ranks 10th in scoring (16.0) and is tied for ninth in free throw percentage (.786)
- ETSU has gone 86-22 (.796) inside Freedom Hall since the start of the 2015-16 season
- The Bucs have won 160 games since the start of the 2015-16 season, which is tied for the 26th-most in the country
- As a team, ETSU has made at least one three-pointer in 1,095 straight games, which is the fourth-longest streak in the country … UNLV leads the country with at least one made three-pointer in 1,164 straight games
ABOUT LITTLE ROCK
- Little Rock has dropped two of its first three games to start the season
- The Trojans are coming off an 82-71 setback at Central Arkansas on Monday night
- Little Rock opened the season with a 94-63 loss at Southern Illinois on Nov. 7, while picking up its first win against Arkansas Baptist last Thursday
- The Trojans are led by DeAntoni Gordon as he’s averaging 12.0 points per game, while Myron Gardner is averaging 10.7 points and 11.0 rebounds
- As a team, Little Rock is averaging 68.3 points per game, while allowing 78.7
- The Trojans were picked to finish sixth in the Ohio Valley Conference preseason poll … This marks Little Rock’s first season in the OVC
- Thursday marks the second all-time meeting between the two programs with ETSU coming away with a 67-63 victory on Nov. 30, 2019 in Little Rock
- The Bucs trailed by seven with six and a half minutes remaining, but rallied for the four-point win
- Daivien Williamson came off the bench to score 20 points on 5-of-6 shooting from beyond the arc, while Isaiah Tisdale added 14 points and six rebounds in 30 minutes of work
- Thursday’s game in Johnson City marks the end of the home-and-home series that started with the Buccaneer win in 2019-20, where the Blue and Gold went on to capture a school record 30 victories and swept both the SoCon regular season and tournament titles
HOW TO FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Fans can watch Thursday's game on ESPN+ with Keith Brake and Bruce Tranbarger on the call
- Thursday's game will also be broadcast on WXSM-AM 640 and 104.9 NASH ICON with Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos on the call, starting with the Atmos Energy Pregame show at 6:30 p.m.
- Live stats will also be available via StatBroadcast
- Fans can purchase season tickets by calling the ETSU ticket office at 423-439-3878 or by visiting ETSUTickets.com
- Single-game tickets for men’s basketball start for as low as $10 and can be purchased online at ETSUTickets.com or by calling 423-439-3878
- ETSU heads back on the road as the Bucs travel to Cookeville to take on Tennessee Tech Sunday at 4 p.m. ET.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.