JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Nov. 29, 2022) – Looking to end a three-game skid, the ETSU men’s basketball team hosts Mars Hill in a midweek matchup on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
BUCS OPEN BRIEF HOMESTAND
DATE: Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Freedom Hall
TEAMS: ETSU (3-4) vs. Mars Hill (2-4)
LIVE VIDEO: ESPN+
BROADCAST TEAM: Keith Brake (play-by-play), Bruce Tranbarger (analyst)
RADIO: WXSM-AM 640 | 104.9 NASH ICON
RADIO TEAM: Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos
LIVE STATS: ETSUBucs.com
GAME SPONSOR: The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC)
ABOUT THE BUCS
- The Bucs are looking to snap a three-game losing skid after falling to Tennessee Tech, Appalachian State and Georgia during this streak
- Overall, the Buccaneers sit at 3-4 on the season
- Jalen Haynes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) is coming off a 21-point effort where he shot 9-of-11 from the field at Georgia … Over his last two games, Haynes is averaging 18.5 points and 7.5 rebounds, while shooting 64 percent from the field (14-22)
- Following his 14-point effort at Georgia, Jordan King (Albany, N.Y.) is 87 points shy of registering his 1,000th career point … King has totaled 913 points in 86 career games over his three-plus seasons … During his 39 games at ETSU, King has scored 565 points
- Haynes ranks seventh among SoCon players in field goal percentage (.590) and 10th in rebounding (6.3) … Both Haynes and King are tied for 13th in scoring at 14.1 points per game
- Redshirt freshman guard Allen Strothers (Newport News, Va.) leads all SoCon freshman in assists with 30, while ranking fifth overall with 4.3 per contest
- ETSU has gone 87-23 (.791) inside Freedom Hall since the start of the 2015-16 season … The Bucs are 2-1 this season at home
- ETSU extended its win streak over non-Division I teams to 72 straight games with its 88-66 win over Emory & Henry on Nov. 7 … ETSU’s last loss to a non-DI team was against UNCG, 77-52, to open the 1987-88 season.
- Since Feb. 16, 1987 in a game against Davidson, the Bucs have made at least one 3-pointer in 1,099 consecutive games ... ETSU was 0-for-8 in that 1987 game ... The Bucs currently have the fourth-longest streak in the NCAA, with UNLV topping the list with 1,168 games
ABOUT MARS HILL
- Mars Hill has dropped four of its first six games to start the season
- After opening up the year with back-to-back wins over Converse and Belmont Abbey, Mars Hill has dropped four straight, including an 80-56 setback to Lincoln Memorial on Saturday
- Kory Davis leads the team in scoring (17.8), field goals made (34), free throws made (34) and assists (12)
- As a team, Mars Hill is averaging 67.5 points per game, while allowing 76.0 per contest
- Sophomore guard Kadyn Dawkins was named second team all-South Atlantic Conference after earning SAC Freshman of the Year honors last season … Dawkins, who hasn’t played in a game this season, posted 14 points per game a year ago
- ETSU leads the all-time series, 5-4
- This marks the first meeting since the Bucs won 117-48 back on Dec. 29, 2019, marking the largest margin of victory in program history with the 69-point victory
- ETSU also defeated Mars Hill 100-57 back on Nov. 25, 2003
- The teams played five straight years from 1924-25 until 1928-29
HOW TO FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Fans can watch Wednesday’s game on ESPN+ with Keith Brake and Bruce Tranbarger on the call
- Wednesday’s game will also be broadcast on WXSM-AM 640 and 104.9 NASH ICON with Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos on the call, starting with the Atmos Energy Pregame show at 6:30 p.m.
- Live stats will also be available via ETSUBucs.com
ETSU wraps up its brief two-game homestand Saturday, Dec. 3, when the Bucs host Jacksonville State at 4 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.