Tip-off set for 7 p.m. in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. (Feb. 6, 2023) – ETSU and UNCG meet for the first time this season as the Buccaneers head to Greensboro to take on the Spartans Tuesday night on ESPNU. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside Greensboro Coliseum.
DATE: Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Greensboro Coliseum
TEAMS: ETSU (9-16, 5-7) at UNCG (16-9, 10-2)
LIVE VIDEO: ESPNU / ESPN+
BROADCAST TEAM: Brock Bowling (play-by-play), Dean Keener (analyst)
RADIO: WXSM-AM 640 | 104.9 NASH ICON
RADIO TEAM: Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos
LIVE STATS: UNCGSpartans.com
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU is coming off a 73-62 road loss at Samford on Saturday where the Bucs moved to 9-16 overall and 5-7 in league play
- Over his last six games, Jalen Haynes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) has totaled 128 points and 47 rebounds, while shooting 63 percent from the floor (50-79) … Haynes, who has scored in double digits over this six-game stretch, is averaging 21.3 points and 7.8 rebounds during this run … Haynes is coming off back-to-back 22-point performances in his last two games and has four 20-plus point games over this six-game run
- Jamarius Hairston (Salisbury, N.C.) has been heating up over his last five games … The Buccaneer guard is posting 11.4 points and 6.0 rebounds, while shooting 47 percent from beyond the arc (16-34) … Hairston has made multiple three-pointers over this five-game stretch, including back-to-back games with four made threes marking a career high
- In SoCon games, ETSU leads the league in three-point field goal defense (.294), rebounding offense (37.4), rebounding margin (+3.4), and defensive rebounds (26.8), while ranking second field goal percentage defense (.405) and blocked shots (3.0) and third in scoring defense (67.0)
- Individually, in league play, Haynes ranks eighth in scoring at 15.3 points per game, ninth in rebounding (6.7), third in field goal percentage (.561) and tied for third in blocked shots (0.9) … Hairston is second in three-point field goal percentage (.432)
- ETSU has made at least one three-pointer in 1,117 straight games – the fourth-longest streak in the country
- UNCG is one of three teams tied atop the league standings at 16-9 overall and 10-2 in league play
- The Spartans are coming off a pair of road wins last weekend as they defeated Mercer (69-49) and The Citadel (79-59)
- UNCG’s two league losses have come at home to Samford (70-68) and Furman (69-57)
- Keyshaun Langley leads the Spartans in scoring (13.6), field goals made (119), three-pointers made (63), three-point field goal percentage (.412) and steals (45)
- As a team, UNCG leads the SoCon in scoring defense (62.8), field goal percentage defense (.397), three-point field goal percentage defense (.306) and turnover margin (+2.08)
- Tuesday marks the 39th all-time meeting in the series with ETSU holding a 20-18 lead
- The teams split last year’s series with both squads winning on the road … The Bucs won 73-69 in the season finale, while the Spartans won 80-76 on Jan. 26, 2022
- ETSU has won its last three games in Greensboro and are 8-8 all-time at UNCG
- Since the start of the 2015-16 season, UNCG has won 172 total games and ETSU has won 167, while the Spartans have won 98 SoCon games during this span and the Bucs have tallied 91 victories
HOW TO FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Fans can watch Tuesday’s game on ESPNU / ESPN+ with Brock Bowling (pbp) and Dean Keener (analyst) on the call
- Tuesday’s game will also be broadcast on WXSM-AM 640 and 104.9 NASH ICON with Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos on the call, starting with the Atmos Energy Pregame show at 6:30 p.m.
- Live stats will also be available via UNCGSpartans.com
ETSU heads back home to host VMI in a rare Friday night Southern Conference game. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside Freedom. Hall.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.