Bucs to hold Senior Day festivities pregame
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb. 24, 2023) – One final regular season remains as the ETSU men’s basketball team hosts UNCG on Senior Day Saturday inside Freedom Hall. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. inside Freedom Hall.
Saturday is also Fan Appreciation Day. The Bucs will be available postgame for an autograph session, while the first 500 fans will receive a replica jersey. In addition, HomeTrust Bank is giving away 1,000 t-shirts on Saturday.
REGULAR SEASON FINALE
DATE: Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023
TIME: 4 p.m.
LOCATION: Freedom Hall
TEAMS: ETSU (11-19, 7-10) vs. UNCG (20-10, 14-3)
LIVE VIDEO: ESPN+
BROADCAST TEAM: Keith Brake (play-by-play), Bruce Tranbarger (analyst)
RADIO: WXSM-AM 640 | 104.9 NASH ICON
RADIO TEAM: Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos
LIVE STATS: ETSUBucs.com
GAME SPONSOR: Food City
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU enters the regular season finale with an overall record of 11-19 and a conference mark of 7-10
- The Bucs defeated The Citadel 78-70 on Wednesday night inside Freedom Hall
- The Blue & Gold sit in a three-way tie for fifth place in the SoCon standings with Wofford and Chattanooga … With a Buccaneer win on Saturday, ETSU will secure the No. 5 seed in next week’s SoCon Tournament … Should the Bucs not win, ETSU will be the No. 6 seed with a Wofford win over Chattanooga on Saturday night; however, should Chattanooga win and ETSU lose, then the Bucs will fall to the No. 7 seed
- Five Bucs scored in double figures on Wednesday, marking the third time this season ETSU has accomplished the feat – vs. Mars Hill back on Nov. 30 and Little Rock on Nov. 17
- Jordan King (Albany, N.Y.), Jaden Seymour (Charlotte, N.C.), Jalen Haynes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.), Jamarius Hairston (Salisbury, N.C.) and Justice Smith (Lyons, N.C.) all scored in double figures on Wednesday … King had 27, Seymour scored a career-high 16 points (11 rebounds), Haynes added 14 and Hairston and Smith both totaled 10
- ETSU is 3-0 at home in the month of February with wins over Wofford, VMI and The Citadel … In those three games, the Bucs are averaging 74.7 points and shooting 53 percent from the floor
- ETSU has won 12 of its last 16 home regular season finales
- Jamarius Hairston was named to the College Sports Communications Academic All-District Team earlier this week
- ETSU has made at least one three-pointer in 1,122 straight games – the fourth-longest streak in the country
- UNCG comes to Johnson City with an overall record of 20-10 and a SoCon mark of 14-3
- The Spartans can still earn a share of the regular season conference title … UNCG needs a win on Saturday and a Samford loss to Furman
- UNCG, who is coming off a 71-52 win over Western Carolina on Wednesday, has won six of its last seven games
- Three Spartans are averaging double figures in scoring with Keyshaun Langley leading the team at 14.8 points per game … Langley also leads the club in made field goals (156), three-pointers made (86) and three-point field goal percentage (.426) … Langley ranks 15th nationally in three-point field goal percentage and 21st in threes made
- Keondre Kennedy (13.5 ppg) and Mikeal Brown-Jones (10.2 ppg) are also scoring in double figures
- Langley and Kennedy have accounted for 144 of UNCG’s 237 made threes
- UNCG leads the SoCon in scoring defense (64.5), field goal percentage defense (.403), rebounding offense (37.1) and rebounding margin (+3.8)
- Over their last five games, UNCG is averaging 84.6 points per game and 11 threes made per contest
- Saturday marks the 40th all-time meeting in the series with the Bucs holding the slight 20-19 lead
- UNCG defeated the Bucs 91-65 on Feb. 7 in Greensboro
- ETSU has dropped back-to-back games to the Spartans in Johnson City … UNCG has also won four of the last six over the Bucs in Freedom Hall … The Bucs’ last win over UNCG was on Feb. 1, 2020 when ETSU won 82-65
- Only 18 total points separate both teams in the 40 games played – ETSU scoring 2,848 points and UNCG scoring 2,832
- This marks the third straight year ETSU is ending the regular season with UNCG … The Bucs won last year in Greensboro and fell in overtime to the Spartans at home in 2020-21
HOW TO FOLLOW THE BUCS
- Fans can watch Saturday’s game on ESPN+ with Keith Brake (pbp) and Bruce Tranbarger (analyst) on the call
- Saturday’s game will also be broadcast on WXSM-AM 640 and 104.9 NASH ICON with Voice of the Bucs Jay Sandos on the call, starting with the Atmos Energy Pregame show at 3:30 p.m.
- Live stats will also be available via ETSUBucs.com
ETSU will begin play in the Southern Conference Tournament, which gets underway Friday with first round play in Asheville, N.C.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s basketball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s basketball tab.