Bucs head to Cookeville for Golden Eagle Invitational
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 14, 2021) – With the Southern Conference Championship two weeks away, the ETSU men’s cross country team makes its final tune up prior to the conference meet this weekend as the Buccaneers stay in state for the Golden Eagle Invitational.
- The meet is being held at the Putnam County Sports Complex in Cookeville, Tenn.
- The Buccaneer men will run an 8K starting at 4:45 p.m. ET.
- Timing will be provided via CFPI Timing ... Click here for results.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- The Buccaneer men enter this weekend ranked No. 12 in the South region.
- Matt Scarr (Wambersal, NSW, Australia) has led the Bucs in all three prior meets this season with his top finish coming at the season-opening Covered Bridge Open where he placed fourth … Scarr has set personal bests in back-to-back meets with his top time coming two weeks ago in Louisville (23:58.2).
- Scarr boasts the top 8K time among SoCon runners this weekend with the mark set at the Live in Lou Classic two weeks ago.
- Brayden Hamblen (Rock Falls, Ill.) has the third-fastest mark of 24:08.70, also set in Louisville, while Myles Stoots (Mobile, Ala.) has the 11th top mark of 24:47.60.
- ETSU is one of seven schools running this Friday.
- ETSU is joined by host Tennessee Tech, along with Austin Peay, Chattanooga, Murray State, Southeast Missouri State and Tennessee State.
ETSU heads to Lexington, Va. for 2021 SoCon Championship, which will be held Saturday, Oct. 30 at the Lexington Golf and Country Club.
For more information on ETSU men’s cross country, visit ETSUBucs.com.