ETSU men’s cross country races at 10:30 a.m. in Huntsville
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (Nov. 11, 2021) – Coming off a second-place showing at the Southern Conference Championship, the ETSU men’s cross country team heads to Huntsville, Ala. on Friday for the NCAA South Regional.
- North Alabama is hosting the regional at John Hunt Park in Huntsville.
- The Buccaneer men will run a 10K starting at 10:30 a.m. ET
- Xpress Timing will hold live scoring for the event … Click here for live results.
- The top two men’s teams and the top four individuals from the race not a member of the two top teams and finishing in the top 25 will advance to the NCAA Championships.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU finished second at the SoCon Championship back on Oct. 30 in Lexington, Va.
- Evan Guzman (Franklin, Tenn.), running in his second collegiate cross country meet, led the Blue and Gold at the conference championship … Guzman finished ninth with a time of 25:52.2.
- Senior Matt Scarr (Wambersal, NSW, Australia), who led the Bucs in their four regular season meets, finished 10th (25:54.9), while Myles Stoots (Mobile, Ala.) placed 11th in 25:56.7.
- Guzman, Scarr and Stoots received second team all-SoCon honors following the championship … Guzman and William Hartig (Radford, Va.) both earned spots on the SoCon all-freshman team.
- This marks the second time ETSU will be running on the course as the Bucs got a preview back in September when they ran at the UNA Showcase … Scarr paced ETSU with an eighth-place finish after clocking in at 24:25.63 … As a team, ETSU finished sixth in the 17-team field.
- ETSU is one of 29 men’s team competing in the regional.
- The Bucs are one of the top 15 teams in the USTFCCCA South Region rankings as ETSU sits in 12th.
- Ole Miss, Florida State, Alabama, North Florida and MTSU are the top five teams ranked in the region.
- Ole Miss and Florida State are nationally ranked in the USTFCCCA Coaches Poll as Ole Miss is 19th and FSU is 23rd.
For more information on ETSU men’s cross country, visit ETSUBucs.com.