Event to be video streamed live on YouTube and ESPN+
TOLEDO, Ohio (Sept. 25, 2022) – The ETSU men’s golf team opens play in the Inverness Intercollegiate on Monday morning from the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio.
Name: Inverness Intercollegiate
Dates: Monday, Sept. 25 – Tuesday, Sept. 26
Location: Toledo, Ohio | Inverness Club
Course Info: Par 71 – 7,265 yards
Format: 36-18 (Monday-Tuesday)
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Live Video: YouTube (Monday starting at 11 a.m.); ESPN+ (Tuesday starting at Noon)
Weather: Monday – 63°, Partly Cloudy, Winds W @ 18mph; Tuesday – 59°, Mostly Cloudy, Winds WNW @ 13mph
ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT
- The Inverness Intercollegiate will be held Monday and Tuesday at Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio.
- Toledo is the tournament host.
- Monday features a shotgun start at 8:45 a.m., with teams playing 36 holes, while the final 18 holes will be played on Tuesday.
- This marks the first tournament since 2019 when Texas Tech won the team title.
- This marks ETSU’s first appearance at the Inverness Intercollegiate since 2015 when the Bucs finished runner up behind California … ETSU finished at +28, while Cal was at +25
- ETSU won the 2014 event as the Bucs held off top-ranked South Florida with a team score of 26-over-par 878, while USF finished at 28-over-par 880 … Adrian Meronk also earned medalist honors for his first collegiate win by finishing at even-par 213.
- The Inverness Club was founded in 1903, and along with the University of Toledo, served as host for the 2009 NCAA Men's Golf Championships. Inverness hosted the 2021 Solheim Cup in addition to previously hosting four U.S. Opens, two U.S. Senior Opens, two PGA Championships and one U.S. Amateur. In the future, Inverness will host the 2027 U.S. Women's Open and the 2029 U.S. Amateur.
- Joining the Bucs and host Toledo in the 16-team field are Charlotte, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Purdue, SMU, South Alabama, Southern Cal, Texas Tech, Virginia and Washington
- Eleven teams were ranked in the top-40 of the final Golfstat Rankings in 2022, including three in the top-10 and five in the top-25.
- Oklahoma, who finished the season ranked No. 1 in the rankings, is in this week’s field.
- Overall, all 16 teams were ranked in the top 100 of last year’s Golfweek final rankings.
- Five teams appeared in the NCAA Championship, including ETSU making its second straight appearance.
- Fourteen golfers in the field are ranked in the top-100 of the World Amateur Golf Rankings, including Texas Tech’s Ludvig Aberg who is ranked No. 1.
- The Bucs will be paired with Ohio State and Charlotte in Monday’s first two rounds … On Monday, ETSU tees off at 8:45 a.m.
- The Bucs’ lineup consists of all five returners from last year’s roster.
- ETSU’s lineup features #1 Archie Davies, #2 Mats Ege, #3 Algot Kleen, #4 Jack Tickle and #5 Remi Chartier.
- Freshman Matty Dodd-Berry will be playing as an individual.
- Fans can follow live scoring all weekend at com.
- Monday will be streamed on YouTube with feature hole coverage, while Tuesday’s final round will be covered on ESPN+.
- In addition, live tweets will be available by following the Bucs on Twitter @ETSU_MGolf.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s golf, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s golf page.